Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cato's 2015 Silvy Z71!

cato

Question

Blank canvas July 2015. In this pic a 2" front level and 33 BFG's are on! Roll-X tonneau and Bed Rug are in!

Front window tint.

New to all Adams!  Advice is appreciated. Thanks

59E72A32-C767-48AB-BD23-418CB66C6D66_zps

Edited by cato

19 answers to this question

That looks like more than a 2" level in your sig pic.

As far as Adams goes, start with some car shampoo, clay bar with detail spray and a coat of paint sealant......that's a good financial ease into the world of Adams. If you have or buy a polisher, do some paint correction followed by paint finishing polish topped of with paint sealant. Put some VRT on you tires and trim also.

You live in New England and you own a black vehicle.. prepare to spend copious amounts of time detailing, just to have her look good for an hour  :lol:

So true!

That looks like more than a 2" level in your sig pic.

As far as Adams goes, start with some car shampoo, clay bar with detail spray and a coat of paint sealant......that's a good financial ease into the world of Adams. If you have or buy a polisher, do some paint correction followed by paint finishing polish topped of with paint sealant. Put some VRT on you tires and trim also.

Correct! She now has 7.5" lift and 35's.

So this is pretty much my first thorough detail with Adams products (any products for that matter). Been reading the forums and watching the vids numerous times as this is a bit of a learning curve for me.

Started yesterday late afternoon. Washed Tires and wheels with Tire/rubber cleaner and Wheel cleaner.

Early this morning I foamed the truck then a 2 bucket wash followed by Detail spray and Visco clay bar then rinsed and dried whole truck.

Midday I cleaned all glass and sealed it. Super VRT on tonneau cover and all plastics. Tire shine on tires and then LPS on the rims.

I love the LPS on the rims. They look awesome now! Crazy stuff!! :banana:

Sun was hot so I waited till dusk to continue with rest of the truck as I do not have a garage. :(

Revive hand polish then LPS on all paint. Brutal on the arms. :)

Unfortunately I only have Buttery wax at this time. (Brilliant Glaze and Americana wax on order)

Sun has set now so...

Tomorrow morning I will finish with a coat of Buttery wax. The shine is incredible so far! :2thumbs:

Because I live in New England I really wanted to just clean, decontaminate and seal the paint then add some protection till my glaze and Americana comes in.

So far I love Adams products. I will say that today I have learned the terms "easy on, easy off" is all relative when polishing by hand. lol

Prob gonna be sore tomorrow! A machine polisher would rock!

Going to put a polisher on my Christmas list this year. Haha!

Paint "correction" will have to wait till next spring as it's not terrible but not perfect either.

You live in ANYWHERE and you own a black vehicle.. prepare to spend copious amounts of time detailing, just to have her look good for an hour :lol:

There fixed that for ya...

Black Tundra Limited Crewmax 4x4 here in Texas...know your pain Cato,

Worse yet I have short T-Rex arms and have to be laying on the roof to reach halfway across and that's standing on the ladder

Love that shine Cato, well done!  Really like how deep the tires came out also.

Mmmmmm...BLACK!!!

Impressive results and a sharp looking truck!

Thanks guys. :2thumbs: I really like how the tire dressing doesn't sling everywhere!

Edited by cato