Customer Service 866.965.0400

REVIEW: New Strip Wash

How will Strip Wash effect vinyl and Matt stripes during the initial wash?

Great question Jeff! While I don't have matte vinyl stripes on my charity road rally project truck, I do have a lot of gloss red vinyl on it and it was on there during testing as well. Strip wash did not affect any of the vinyl at all, not even when I purposely let it dry onto the surface for around 5 minutes in direct sunlight, 92 degree very humid heat, though I would not recommend doing that if it can be avoided.

Here are some of my photos during one round of testing last month:

Truck had one layer of current formula Adam's Americana Paste Wax that was applied mid-June followed by one application of H2O Guard & Gloss two weeks prior to this testing. It was driven maybe 4 times in this time frame, less than 500 miles total, as I was too busy working on it in my spare time to drive it much. It is garaged and only really sat out in the sun at All GM Nationals in Carlisle for one weekend.

The test subject:

20160807_133812_zpsvbhkoyqm.jpg

14 year old original paint that I wet sanded and polished out last year. There are plenty of rock chips because this truck is a road cruiser of many, many highway miles during charity rally events. Not relevant information for this test, but I at least wanted to address the rock chips :)

20160807_133823_zpsxxzpts6w.jpg

Rinsing the truck down, notice the big fat beads on the various surfaces in the next few pictures. Water would roll off of the panels, so it was hard to get some perfect beading shots:

20160807_133955_zpspuma9hfy.jpg

20160807_134001_zps9gvewuzf.jpg

20160807_134009_zpst8jtc2gy.jpg

20160807_134013_zpsw4oocf4p.jpg

Foaming up the Strip Wash:

20160807_134241_zpsbabmldv6.jpg

Washing the bed lid and bed side. Notice that the Strip Wash was quickly drying on the surface, due to the heat and sun:

20160807_134754_zpsciojohj4.jpg

Rinsed off the bed lid first with a strong blast from the hose, then with the pooling method. Note that this picture was after washing the area twice - I went over it with my Wash Pad once and then rinsed the area to still find some water beading. I cleaned the Wash Pad out on the Grit Guard, reloaded more soap, and then washed and rinsed the area again to the result below.

20160807_134839_zpsh2excnbu.jpg

Notice how the water now appears as large sheets of water laying on the surface - anywhere you see clouds reflecting on the surface is a big puddle of water.

A very similar result on the hood, one sheet of water that then began to evaporate on the surface:

20160807_140432_zpsdpgs5wzu.jpg

Another shot of the bed. This was after 3 passes with Strip Wash, just to really test and make sure it was working well. Note that I did not wash the back glass yet in this picture:

20160807_141054_zpslohrabpb.jpg

And finally the roof, compared to the third picture in this this post:

20160807_141108_zpsyyhgm0bt.jpg