Customer Service 866.965.0400

H20 Guard and Gloss

Bryce

Question

Hey guys,

I just got done cleaning my BMW and I had a question about the Guard and Gloss.  When applying to wet paint, do you change your wet towel or just simply reduce the amount you spray?  

When I was applying the H20, the wet towel got very slimy from the spray.  I eventually just used the slimy towel to apply the sealant instead of spraying down panels.  Did I do this right or should I have changed my wet towel more often?

The paint looks great so far, but I also ran out of daylight so it is hard to tell. 

Yes, a little goes a long way with H2O.  After a while the towel will get saturated and you can spray less on the vehicle or just use the wet towel like you did.

I've also read that some like to use multiple towels (2 wet and 2 dry), splitting them up for each half of the car.  You just need to find whatever works best for you.

I use 1 towel to apply rotating and refolding as I go and rinsing once or twice throughout the whole process. I find myself using the same amount on each panel regardless of how much the application towel has product buildup. 2 or 3 towels for removal depending on how saturated they get.

I think I certainly used too much based on the comments.  I used nearly half a bottle for a 4 series BMW.  I ran out of sunlight so I was finishing up in the dark.  It was more of an experiment than anything since I hadn't had a chance to use it before.

From now on I will certainly spray less and then spread it with my wet towel.  

I think I certainly used too much based on the comments.  I used nearly half a bottle for a 4 series BMW.  I ran out of sunlight so I was finishing up in the dark.  It was more of an experiment than anything since I hadn't had a chance to use it before.

From now on I will certainly spray less and then spread it with my wet towel.  

A good guideline is 1 full spray per panel. So 1 full spray diagonally on 1 door, wipe with wet towel then 1 full spray diagonally on other door, wipe...

You shouldn't see the liquid level drop after you do a car.

I actually prefer to spray the product onto my wet towel and then spread it on.occasionally wringing out the excess water.

Doing this just helps me control where the G+G ends up vs. spraying.It sounds like you may be using a bit to much product,there is a slight learning curve to find what works best for you. 

A good guideline is 1 full spray per panel. So 1 full spray diagonally on 1 door, wipe with wet towel then 1 full spray diagonally on other door, wipe...

You shouldn't see the liquid level drop after you do a car.

Wow, I used 3 sprays per fender and probably a half dozen on the hood. No wonder my towel got so loaded.

I didn't watch the video before doing it but I remember how it was mentioned that the water sheds off the car wil spraying it. I was mainly watching that happen instead of coverage.

Hello, I used the H20 Guard and Gloss for the first time yesterday. I had terrible luck with it. My car is all black and I sprayed it on, wiped it with a wet towel, and then dried it with a dry towel as the videos show, and now I have these terrible looking streaks on my paint. I can't get them off. I tried Waterless Wash and it did nothing. Adam told me to try the Brilliant Glaze and if that don't work, use the revive polish. Did anyone else have this problem? Thank you!

Usually, a quick re-apply of H2O will rectify the streaks.  It tends to streak if you a.) use too much and/or b.)  apply it on a hot surface.  

You'll know you are using the right amount when you barely have to wipe anything off.  It does take a couple of tries to get it right but it's a phenomenal product so I'd highly suggest giving it another try.

A 16oz bottle should do about 10 or so applications, of course, depending on the size of the vehicle.

Edited by Odds and Ends

Hello, I used the H20 Guard and Gloss for the first time yesterday. I had terrible luck with it. My car is all black and I sprayed it on, wiped it with a wet towel, and then dried it with a dry towel as the videos show, and now I have these terrible looking streaks on my paint. I can't get them off. I tried Waterless Wash and it did nothing. Adam told me to try the Brilliant Glaze and if that don't work, use the revive polish. Did anyone else have this problem? Thank you!

Another thing you may need to do is wash and start over. I have a black truck for a while and once I applied HGG over Paint Sealant before the sealant had cured, and I had horrible streaks everywhere. I couldn't do anything to remove them. So I rewashed and used LPS again, and then after my next wash a few days later, I applied HGG and it looked fantastic. So maybe if you have a base coat of something unfriendly, the HGG just isn't working well. Just an idea.

I used it for the first time today on my Buick.  I was a little skeptical at first but I do say I notice a difference after using it.  I didn't do the nose of the car but did everything else and when I run the back of my hand across the surface I can feel the layer I put on in comparison to what I didn't do.

Sold! 

It is a hard product to use. I have not been a fan of it but used it on two vehicles this weekend as I am trying to learn to like it/use it. The first car looked great and the second one was a mess with smears.

Even with a light spritz per panel it seems like the towel gets loaded with G&G by time you are done.

Part of my problem is I need to remember to wring out the towel as I go as the drier towel helps to thin and apply the product.

One thing for sure is I cant do it with 2 towels like the video shows. It takes a third to get it buffed down.

I have said this before. Part of liking G&G is how you view it. If you think of it as a spray on-wipe off product like I originally did (and original video portrayed) then you are not going to be happy. If you think of it as wax that needs buffed in, then you will be happier with the ease of application.

It really does not help the appearance of my paint which is well maintained with sealer and wax but it does seem to give all my trim a more hydrated look.

The verdict is still out for me.

It is a hard product to use. I have not been a fan of it but used it on two vehicles this weekend as I am trying to learn to like it/use it. The first car looked great and the second one was a mess with smears.

Even with a light spritz per panel it seems like the towel gets loaded with G&G by time you are done.

Part of my problem is I need to remember to wring out the towel as I go as the drier towel helps to thin and apply the product.

One thing for sure is I cant do it with 2 towels like the video shows. It takes a third to get it buffed down.

I have said this before. Part of liking G&G is how you view it. If you think of it as a spray on-wipe off product like I originally did (and original video portrayed) then you are not going to be happy. If you think of it as wax that needs buffed in, then you will be happier with the ease of application.

It really does not help the appearance of my paint which is well maintained with sealer and wax but it does seem to give all my trim a more hydrated look.

The verdict is still out for me.

I'm in the same boat as you. Last night I dried my car. Then soaked and wrung out one towel. I was able to use just one towel for drying but 2 would have been better. It wasn't wet near the end of the car, but felt tacky and wasn't buffing off the product as well. I'll say the dry method is leaps and bounds better for me. I am starting to come around to it. Most people love it. I'm starting to like it.

I tend to use the G&G as a part of my drying step. After washing the car, I spray a one or two sprays of the G&G on a wet panel, then wipe the panel dry. I use one drying towel, periodically wringing out the towel to get rid of the excess G&G and water saturation build up. This process has always produced the best shine for me.

Edited by Focus_Red

post-14923-0-30471200-1474726264_thumb.jpgpost-14923-0-30471200-1474726264_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to give a shout out for this product. This is an 8 year old car that never gets special treatment. This the car I drive when it rains and it rarely gets washed. I got these beautiful results using only Adams blue shampoo and Guard and Gloss was used while drying. Very happy with this product! I got a 16oz bottle in the latest mystery box. I think I need to buy a bigger bottle, don't want to run out.