Customer Service 866.965.0400

H20 Guard and Gloss

Bryce

Question

Hey guys,

I just got done cleaning my BMW and I had a question about the Guard and Gloss.  When applying to wet paint, do you change your wet towel or just simply reduce the amount you spray?  

When I was applying the H20, the wet towel got very slimy from the spray.  I eventually just used the slimy towel to apply the sealant instead of spraying down panels.  Did I do this right or should I have changed my wet towel more often?

The paint looks great so far, but I also ran out of daylight so it is hard to tell. 

I love h20 Guard and Gloss.  I've used it on two cars so far and it's a pleasure to use.  My process was rinse less wash, Visco Clay bar with detail spray, alcohol wipe down.  My wet method is a spray bottle with plain tap water, spray a panel down and use h20 G&G as instructed. Works great on wheels too.  Super easy to apply and remove.

Stuff rocks!

Question about H20 Guard & Gloss on the wheels—

Can I spray directly to the wheels and not worry about overspray onto brake rotors?

Currently, I'm spraying into a towel and applying to the wheels using that method. But then I have to go right back over it again with the dry towel. So...many....spokes....

Thanks!

I'd keep doing it by spraying on the towel. The product doesn't spray real well, so spraying directly on the wheel isn't going to save time or effort. And if it gets onto the rotor, it will not rinse off easily. 

I've had great results using the Guard & Gloss on black metallic paint. I use it just like in the video as a drying aid after washing. Also if my car does not need washed but I want the paint to really pop I will spray it on a damp towel then wipe it on a panel. I wipe it off with a clean dry towel right away before it dries. Also you need to keep shaking the bottle before each spray because this product does not stay mixed in the bottle. It separates after just a few minutes. I personally think this stuff makes the paint pop much better than detail spray or the glaze. 

Don't give up guys. Once you find a process that works for you it will prove itself! Best stuff ever! Well, detail spray is pretty good too...

This.

Took me a few times before i realized i like applying it with the dry method. Especially in az with temps above 100. Could not do it quick enough to not get dry waterspots. 

Edited by zapdon

On 6/28/2017 at 9:15 AM, zapdon said:

.... Could not do it quick enough to not get dry waterspots. 

What’s the dry method? 

Another first time user here also. Got a new car and it’s too cold out already for my personal preference to do a coating or other LSP,  so after all the praise on this product, I thought it would be a perfect balance to get my garage queen through the winter.  Shine #1, procreation #2. 

Like others, I used entirely too much while learning a technique for me. Even though I sprayed on a wet car immediately after washing, I don’t think my towel was wet enough; or a combo of the two. I also sprayed down the whole vehicle first, and then started wiping. I don’t think this caused any problems though as I got through it beautifully and streak free. Except for a bit of some smeary mess I attribute to spraying on too heavy.  I’d say I used 1/3’d a bottle on a Mustang. Learning point. 

I see a lot folks discuss not using anything on coating bucks it negates/covers up the qualities of the coating/boost combo, but I think I’m going to experiment with using this over the coating. I mean after all, it’s obviouksy not going to remove or deteriorate the properties of the coating, it’ll just add to the top. And the G&G appearance is gorgeous...and I hate using Boost. Any thoughts on that? That’s half the fun right, experimenting sometimes? Certainly not going to hurt anything. 

13 minutes ago, galaxy said:

What’s the dry method? 

Another first time user here also. Got a new car and it’s too cold out already for my personal preference to do a coating or other LSP,  so after all the praise on this product, I thought it would be a perfect balance to get my garage queen through the winter.  Shine #1, procreation #2. 

Like others, I used entirely too much while learning a technique for me. Even though I sprayed on a wet car immediately after washing, I don’t think my towel was wet enough; or a combo of the two. I also sprayed down the whole vehicle first, and then started wiping. I don’t think this caused any problems though as I got through it beautifully and streak free. Except for a bit of some smeary mess I attribute to spraying on too heavy.  I’d say I used 1/3’d a bottle on a Mustang. Learning point. 

I see a lot folks discuss not using anything on coating bucks it negates/covers up the qualities of the coating/boost combo, but I think I’m going to experiment with using this over the coating. I mean after all, it’s obviouksy not going to remove or deteriorate the properties of the coating, it’ll just add to the top. And the G&G appearance is gorgeous...and I hate using Boost. Any thoughts on that? That’s half the fun right, experimenting sometimes? Certainly not going to hurt anything. 

Start with a clean dry car.

Get a bottle of H2OGG and a bottle of water.

Spray water on car 1 section/panel at a time and spray H2OGG to that area just as if you had just got done washing the car like usual.

And then work your way around the car.

6 hours ago, red94chev said:

Start with a clean dry car.

Get a bottle of H2OGG and a bottle of water.

Spray water on car 1 section/panel at a time and spray H2OGG to that area just as if you had just got done washing the car like usual.

And then work your way around the car.

I'll add to this with another method, which I use and quite enjoy.

• Grab a microfiber applicator - block or pad, whichever you have
  • use the rise bucket to wet the applicator and then wring it out
  • spray 1 spray into the applicator and apply to a dry panel and then wipe residue off with a single soft, and once you've loaded the applicator up from a few panels, give it a quick rinse and repeat the process.

It takes me less than 10 minutes to do my car this way, and water doesn't get trapped in panel gaps - it's also super easy to see any streaks straight away, and it doesn't use that much product (I have a Honda Fit, my first bottle of G&G is just over half empty and I've used it once a month since January this year)

One of my favourite Adam's products too! 

8 hours ago, galaxy said:

What’s the dry method? 

Another dry method:

Start with dry, clean car

Wet one MF towel, ring it out (grey borderless is my preference)

Spray several sprays of HGG into the wet towel, then apply to the car

Dry any residue with separate dry MF towel

Word of caution: the dry method will use more product than the wet method because you're losing some in the towel.

Nothing wrong with experimenting, and I've only coated trim, but Cermaic Boost is made for exactly what you're trying to do. And it's made for dry application. Just my 2 cents.