Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tornador type of cleaner

Zach5.9CTD

Question

Hey guys I bought a "knock off" if you will tornador type of cleaner. Looking to use it mainly for interior cleaning.

Anyone have any idea what type of dilution this needs and can I use different interior products in it for different types of cleaning. Example - carpet n upholstery cleaner for seats and floors? Leather ant interior Cleaner for leather seats and door panels etc.

Is it safe to use this type of tool on leather seats etc?

New to air cleaning so just want to make sure I know what it is or is not safe to use it on for cleaning.

Thanks.

11 answers to this question

I have no experience with that tool, mainly because the compressor needs are insane. You can check You Tube and the Autogeek forums however, there is a ton of information out there on that tool. Good luck, I always wanted to try one of those.

I own a Tornador and love it. I fill it with Reverse Osmosis filtered water and about 4oz of Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. I use it mainly for cleaning carpets and cloth seats. Things a beast.

Dave what compressor do you run with it?

One thing Ivery found with mine is there's no way to dial back the cleaner/water. Just on or off (cleaner or air) and it really saturates the carpets and seats.

Guess I could try going at it with valve at 50% and see what happens as long as it doesn't break something.

I can adjust the air/water flow by adjusting the air compressor's regulator, or by not turning open the Tornador's valve the whole way open while in use. The machine works best at 100psi though. I'm not saturating anything, aim directly at the dirty area and the compressed air blows much of the water back out as it cleans. If it's held at an angle the water doesn't get hit with enough air to be blown back out.

One thing Ivery found with mine is there's no way to dial back the cleaner/water. Just on or off (cleaner or air) and it really saturates the carpets and seats.

Guess I could try going at it with valve at 50% and see what happens as long as it doesn't break something.

This is why I only use water in the tank. I use the tool with water at first then turn it off to just air. I haven't tried it at 50% though, it might work great. Let us know!