Customer Service 866.965.0400

Headlight restoration

Ls1transam

This was my first attempt at doing this. A friend of mine that is a detailer basically walked me through it over txt messages and this was the results. First I wet sanded with 2000 grit paper in a left to right or a back and forth motion. I probable made 20 passes this way. Next with 2000 grit I went in an up and down or north to south motion, and made another 15-20 passes that way.. Next I used 3000 grit paper and went back to the left to right method, with another 15 or so passes. After ever 5-6 pass I would clean the lens and sand paper. Trying to work clean. Next was Adam's microfiber cutting pad with correction polish. I made probably 10 passes in the usual cross hatch pattern. After that I finished with a white finishing pad and finish polish from Adam's as well. Cleaned the lens again and applied LPS to protect it. Here are the results and you'll have to excuse my country accent lol.

Sorry, forgot to put that in there. My polisher is a Rupes 15mm Mark 2. I used speed 5 with the cutting pad and 4 with the finishing pad. Although I could have gotten away with speed 4 on both or maybe even a lower speed.

Edited by Ls1transam

I wasn't sure where or what kind to get. I put the Sealant on for now. I still have some fine polishing to do on it. I got rained out yesterday and had to stop.

Any regular clear coat paint will work. Just apply it properly.

You can get some small sections of PPF from an installer if you like. I prefer XPell.

• 1 month later...

The headlights look great. You did way more passesthey I did when I restored my headlights. I put a automotive clear coat that I had injected into a can at my local automotive paint supply store, mine look new again, let me know if you would like me to post a picture?