Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ok. I just didn't know why it would've been deleted. Nothing inappropriate was said. The post received very good feedback. Maybe it was deleted because they won't release a coating? I'm just not 100% on the rules here. Just curious. Thanks for the input guys!

The thread was deleted because some people began speculating on products and claiming things as fact.

We are constantly evaluating and testing all sorts of products, both prototypes and competitor products, but that does not confirm if we will release a product of this type.

We are constantly evaluating and testing all sorts of products, both prototypes and competitor products, but that does not confirm if we will release a product of this type.

Obviously, confirmation is not required but, based on a recent visit to Adam's HQ, this is spot-on accurate.  Some pretty neat things under evaluation at the moment.  I recommend staying tuned for (potential) upcoming product releases...

Obviously, confirmation is not required but, based on a recent visit to Adam's HQ, this is spot-on accurate.  Some pretty neat things under evaluation at the moment.  I recommend staying tuned for (potential) upcoming product releases...

Stop it Steve!! You're getting me excited over here. Lol. I'm always looking forward to new products!

I seen on an IG story today someone was applying what looks to be some type of coating in an Adam's facility... hmmmm

They have a new product coming out. It looks like a trim sealant and not a paint sealant. Bummer.

I've seen a few of those coating products on facebook. looks like most have to be baked on ? and some have to be sanded off?

some have to be baked on . Modesta is one that comes to mind . All of the consumer grade coatings can be removed with a compound . Some of the pro versions need to be sanded off .

I keep toying with the idea of trying a coating on one of my vehicles. I don't really know why I haven't done it yet. Maybe it's that I keep hoping Adam's comes out with one? Or maybe it's just that the processes I know are the ones I'm simply comfortable with?

That said, if Adam's came out with it, I'm 99% sure I'd have to try it.

I've seen a few of those coating products on facebook. looks like most have to be baked on ? and some have to be sanded off?

I'm not sure what you mean by "baked on". Most of the professional series don't even require "baking". No heating is ever required. Some people use IR lamps to help cure the coating FASTER than air drying. Maybe this is where you are getting the baking idea from?

I keep toying with the idea of trying a coating on one of my vehicles. I don't really know why I haven't done it yet. Maybe it's that I keep hoping Adam's comes out with one? Or maybe it's just that the processes I know are the ones I'm simply comfortable with?

That said, if Adam's came out with it, I'm 99% sure I'd have to try it.

Coating's are a great idea. They protect far longer than a wax/sealant. Most are generally easy to apply/remove. Regardless, most require a little getting used to. Just try it...You'll like it!

It's only a matter of time till they do a coating for paint too. I wouldn't be surprised if it releases soon to go with the trim coating. I seen an IG story where it looked like someone's was applying a coating to the paint of a 370Z in what looked to be an Adam's facility. I could be wrong though.

I'm Geeked!!!

I'm not sure what you mean by "baked on". Most of the professional series don't even require "baking". No heating is ever required. Some people use IR lamps to help cure the coating FASTER than air drying. Maybe this is where you are getting the baking idea from?

Sounds like you do know he meant by "baked on."

Whether they require it or not all high end approved detailers that use coatings, which are generally for professionals only, will use infrared heat lamps which bake the coating and make it harder. Baking is a term that many installers use to describe the process. Maybe they are just feeding everyone a bunch of BS, but these are "approved installers." I actually think it would be harder to find a professional who doesn't use IR heat lamps than ones that do.

Any coating Adam's offers will probably not be designed to use or require a infrared heat lamp. But coatings that are designed for consumers as well and not just professional use only won't last as long either. 

edit: professional coatings tend to have thickness that is measurable as well, where consumer grade coatings are very thin and unnoticeable to a paint gauge.

Edited by wely324

One thing is sure: They are actively working on some type of consumer range coating or at the very least an improvement on their paint sealant if they can't get the coating right. Either way, I'm in for a better/long lasting alternative without going into a professional range application.

I say that the 2 day cure required on the trim coating is probably as high as they can go as far as "professional" application required. Because of their 110% satisfaction guarantee, they can't bet on how the customer will apply the product.

Let's not forget that Adam's is targeting the novice-intermediate detailer out there with super easy to use products.

I'm gonna get the trim coating. I'll test it on the trim of my daily. It won't be covered so moisture will get on it. I'll pick a day that isn't giving rain so it will at least have a day to cure before the dew falls. If it looks terrible and spotty I don't care. It's my daily beater. I wonder if the 2 day is a little over exaggerated cure time just to kinda make sure it's fully cured. We'all soon find out.

Sounds like you do know he meant by "baked on."

Whether they require it or not all high end approved detailers that use coatings, which are generally for professionals only, will use infrared heat lamps which bake the coating and make it harder. Baking is a term that many installers use to describe the process. Maybe they are just feeding everyone a bunch of BS, but these are "approved installers." I actually think it would be harder to find a professional who doesn't use IR heat lamps than ones that do.

Any coating Adam's offers will probably not be designed to use or require a infrared heat lamp. But coatings that are designed for consumers as well and not just professional use only won't last as long either. 

edit: professional coatings tend to have thickness that is measurable as well, where consumer grade coatings are very thin and unnoticeable to a paint gauge.

Billy. The reason that professionals use this method is because most require at LEAST 24 hours before you can introduce to moisture or condensation. The IR lamps cure the coating in much quicker time. Personal car can sit inside a garage for the full 24 hours. If the professional is getting paid a few hundred dollars to install, they want to make sure it is fully cured in a few hours instead of naturally air drying. Imagine if you had customers coming back because of a bad install of a coating? All because they allowed the car to sit outside overnight and receive moisture on the surface. The warranty claims would be astronomical. I still think of the term "baked" as referencing heat. The IR lamps do not emit any heat to "bake". It is simply a curing process. I think this is where the confusion comes into play.

Billy. The reason that professionals use this method is because most require at LEAST 24 hours before you can introduce to moisture or condensation. The IR lamps cure the coating in much quicker time. Personal car can sit inside a garage for the full 24 hours. If the professional is getting paid a few hundred dollars to install, they want to make sure it is fully cured in a few hours instead of naturally air drying. Imagine if you had customers coming back because of a bad install of a coating? All because they allowed the car to sit outside overnight and receive moisture on the surface. The warranty claims would be astronomical. I still think of the term "baked" as referencing heat. The IR lamps do not emit any heat to "bake". It is simply a curing process. I think this is where the confusion comes into play.

Exactly what do you think the infrared lamp is doing then? Maybe research IR lamps first cause the whole process is about transferring energy to another object, which simply put, heats up the coating allowing it to fully cure or cure at a quicker rate.

Exactly what do you think the infrared lamp is doing then? Maybe research IR lamps first cause the whole process is about transferring energy to another object, which simply put, heats up the coating allowing it to fully cure or cure at a quicker rate.

I agree. You are correct. I'm just trying to correct the incorrectness of the term baking. I don't want any Newbs on here to think that "baking" (heating up to high temperature) is correct. IR lamps do transfer energy and help to cure the coating quicker using wavelengths. My question is this... If you put anything in a microwave is the object inside being baked or heated up? It's just incorrect terminology I was trying to correct for newbs.