Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Tire Brush Discussion

In short, it's a great brush. I think they got the bristle stiffness just right.

However, anybody feel like the bristles are just far too long to be effective? I feel myself needing to switch back to the old blue brush if the tires are really brown.

Also, you guys with low-pro tires, is the brush too big? I have stock 4Runner tires and it's even almost too big for those. The spread of the bristles is surprisingly wide, and I'm hoping it won't damage my wheel if it runs over occasionally.

Edited by Mariner

In short, it's a great brush. I think they got the bristle stiffness just right.

However, anybody feel like the bristles are just far too long to be effective? I feel myself needing to switch back to the old blue brush if the tires are really brown.

Also, you guys with low-pro tires, is the brush too big? I have stock 4Runner tires and it's even almost too big for those. The spread of the bristles is surprisingly wide, and I'm hoping it won't damage my wheel if it runs over occasionally.

Don't have one yet, but I even with the blue brush I wish the bristles weren't so long. I wonder if there's anything special about the tip of the bristles that would prevent someone from cutting them down? 

I also wish they had a low profile version available of the brush that was maybe half the width. 

I don't have the new one either, but even the bristles on the blue brush are definitely too big for my low-profile tires.  I only use the blue brush on my wife's tires which are much bigger.  I agree, would be nice if Adam's made a low-profile brush.

Worked good for me on some standard tires on my old sedan. I think it might be tough to use on lower profile tires without hitting the rim. But it is pretty soft so it might not cause an issue. I will echo what others have stated a shorter bristle version would be awesome.

Edited by Junior

I'm along with the others who would prefer shorter bristles, but I appreciate that they are safe for wheels.  I imagine that really dirty tires would need a stiffer bristle, but for regular maintenance the new brush is great.  It is a little big for my tires, 235/40R19 and 265/35R19, but better than the alternative.

Iowa's in the same boat, but I gotta say the new tire brush works great as is! Notice the video how thin the tires are on that Porsche.....it works just fine! I actually tries using the stiff tire brush the first go around with the Tire & Rubber Cleaner out of habit, but the new brush far outperformed the previous brush by far....even though the bristles are longer! The old brush hardly produced any foam, the new brush foamed up quickly.

Long story short....the brush works great!

Does anybody know if the bristles can harm the wheels over time if they run over occasionally? 

I don't have the new tire brush so can't comment on that one.

On the old blue brush, IMO it would be very easy to scratch the wheels over time with such heavy grade bristles, especially as I'm running low profile tires.  Although I haven't tried it on my tires as I don't want to find out the hard way.

Are you using this with Tire & Rubber Cleaner or All Purpose Cleaner? Just thinking you'd want to let the cleaner do most of the work for you then lightly agitate with the brush. Then rinse and assess the result

I use the Tire and Rubber Cleaner. The new brush does foam much easier, but is the product caustic enough to be able to work fully with just some agitation? I like to really get after the rubber and scrub the brown off.. it's quite satisfying.

• 4 weeks later...

Have the old brush, it's not bad but it's not my go to. The new one looks like it wouldn't be my go to either. 

Tire_Brush.png

That's the one I use, I know not everyone likes the same stuff and probably a lot of people love Adam's brush. But IMHO a 2nd brush similar to the pic would be SWEET! I've used about 8 different tire brushes and this one's the best and it's not even close.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently got this and upon arrival, it started losing bristles right out of the box. About a dozen or so fell out or were falling out. Granted, that still leaves a lot of bristles, but is this a trend anyone else has noticed? I haven't cleaned the tires with it yet - winter has already hit with a blast here - but did I get a faulty brush (and need to take advantage of the best-in-the-business guarantee)?

I recently got this and upon arrival, it started losing bristles right out of the box. About a dozen or so fell out or were falling out. Granted, that still leaves a lot of bristles, but is this a trend anyone else has noticed? I haven't cleaned the tires with it yet - winter has already hit with a blast here - but did I get a faulty brush (and need to take advantage of the best-in-the-business guarantee)?

I haven't had bristles noticeably fall out and I've used it on at least a half dozen occasions by now.

I got it when it first came out and noticed the same thing, a bunch fell out.  I'm not really crazy about the brush so I haven't been using it.  Went back to an old short bristle brush dishwashing brush from Target that I was using.  It's not strong enough to get the tires clean in my experience.  This was also while using Adams Tire and Rubber Cleaner which I love endorse 100% to everyone.

Have the old brush, it's not bad but it's not my go to. The new one looks like it wouldn't be my go to either. 

Tire_Brush.png

That's the one I use, I know not everyone likes the same stuff and probably a lot of people love Adam's brush. But IMHO a 2nd brush similar to the pic would be SWEET! I've used about 8 different tire brushes and this one's the best and it's not even close.

I'm glad I saw this post because this is the brush that I use, I was considering buying the Adams brush but I guess I'll stick with what I have.

• 1 month later...