Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Tire Brush Discussion

• 4 months later...

It looks like a new tire scrub brush is coming out... with shorter bristles!

I noticed it in a recent video, as well as being listed in the bucket wheel cleaning kit.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/sub-category-1/adam-s-bucket-wheel-cleaning-kit.html

Check out the video around the 3:40 mark.

It's already out. Don't think they've updated the website yet, though. But when you order a tire brush, I think you'll get the one with shorter bristles now instead.

I'm glad I saw this post because this is the brush that I use, I was considering buying the Adams brush but I guess I'll stick with what I have.

IMO this is the best tire brush on the market.  It works great on mud tires also.  I'm pondering buying another on off Amazon just because.

Seen Adam using a shorter bristle brush in a cideobthey uploaded to YouTube yesterday.

Yep, that's the one. It has already been released. Similar to the red tire brush from before, just shorter bristles.

Couldn't you just modify your existing tire brush with some scissors?

That's what I'll be doing

I guess, theoretically, you could. What I dont know is if the bristle pattern/spacing is the same on the long bristle vs. short bristle brush. They're fairly spread out on the long version, so shortening them may create unintended gaps. But if you're going to try, please post your findings and pics here!

It's already out. Don't think they've updated the website yet, though. But when you order a tire brush, I think you'll get the one with shorter bristles now instead.

You are correct.  I contacted Adam's and they said the website has not been updated and if you order a brush you will get the shorter bristles.  

You are correct.

Sweet! Met my quota for the week! :D

Not that I expected you to, but did you by chance ask if the bristle pattern is the same on the long and short versions? As I tried to explain above, the groupings of bristles might be different, potentially making cutting them not an optimal fix.

I had the same problem with the new tire brush spoke to dan sent me out the shorter version it still wasn't performing like the old blue one l hope but I don't think there coming back

I tried cutting the red one back not easy i think if you have a big sharp scissor you might have success

Sweet! I just ordered the new brush, hopefully I get the short bristle one. Sometimes my tires arent as dirty and maybe this one will be better in those situations

You will. Don't think they carry the long bristle version at all anymore.

Sweet! Met my quota for the week! :D

Not that I expected you to, but did you by chance ask if the bristle pattern is the same on the long and short versions? As I tried to explain above, the groupings of bristles might be different, potentially making cutting them not an optimal fix.

I hope I don't have any quotas...  ;) 

Unfortunately I did not ask about the bristle pattern.  

I got one of the shorter bristle red/black tire brushes in my mystery bucket, tried it out today and while it works great I am having the bristle loss that everyone was mentioning above, not sure if this is part of a specific lot of brushes or a difference in the build for these mid-stiffness brush.

Anyone find a good stop-gap for the loss, I was thinking maybe some type of glue dripped into the holes to help hold them in....

I got one of the shorter bristle red/black tire brushes in my mystery bucket, tried it out today and while it works great I am having the bristle loss that everyone was mentioning above, not sure if this is part of a specific lot of brushes or a difference in the build for these mid-stiffness brush.

Anyone find a good stop-gap for the loss, I was thinking maybe some type of glue dripped into the holes to help hold them in....

I'd say give it a few more uses and check for any more "hair loss" ;). Mine (long bristle version, but still...) stopped losing them after only the second or third use, so hopefully you'll get the same result. If not, I'm certain Adam's will take care of you.

Use gorilla glue it's the best and has expanding capabilities, so don't use a lot or you have a hot mess.

I didn't really know where to put this comment, but for you fellas looking to pick up tools, Adam's has the wheel and tire brush kit on the daily special for a killer sale. Plus $5 shipping.

I didn't really know where to put this comment, but for you fellas looking to pick up tools, Adam's has the wheel and tire brush kit on the daily special for a killer sale. Plus $5 shipping.

I don't see it...maybe it was for yesterday June 14?