Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ford F-150 King Ranch leather seats

Jason S.

Question

Hey guys, looking for advice on how to clean the King Ranch leather seats. I have a buddy that wants me to prep his truck for sale, but I don't have experience cleaning these type of seats. Will the leather/interior cleaner damage or stain the seats? I was also considering diluting the leather conditioner a bit to work it into his dried up leather. The seats are in pretty rough shape. Your advice is appreciated. Thanks!

post-13923-0-82446100-1477682555_thumb.jpg

post-13923-0-68065000-1477682575_thumb.jpg

8 answers to this question

As long as the seats are real leather, I can't see why the leather cleaner wouldn't be appropriate. It's what I would go to to start. That and the soft cockpit brush. It's going to take some serious work to get those seats back to being nice.

The leather conditioner will certainly do it's part to remoisturize the leather.

It's a shame that those seats are so neglected. Is the rest of the truck that bad as well?

Thanks medic. The rest of the vehicle is normal wear and tear. The paint does have quite a few tree sap spots that need attention. Yes, these seats are real leather, but unlike most leather seats these days, I don't think they have a urethane coating. And I'm not sure if I should spray the leather/interior cleaner directly on the seats. They definitely need heavy cleaning.

Do these one section at a time.  As you agitate with the cockpit brush, you can add a spritz of cleaner as you brush, if that makes sense.  You don't want to spray the whole seat as that may cause streaks and splotches.  The cleaner is pretty strong so be careful not to remove the pigment/dye.  Wipe with a clean towel as you go to check your progress.  Even as bad as it looks in the photos, it appears to mainly surface dirt.  Take your time and good luck.

Edited by Odds and Ends

f150online.com had a King Ranch sub-forum at some point and quite a few old threads on these leather seats.  You might want to check it out if you haven't already tackled the job.  I don't remember the details but do remember quite a bit of discussion on seats alone.