Customer Service 866.965.0400

Remove haze from the inside of the windows?

falcaineer

Question

Anyone have suggestions how best to remove the incessant film/haze on the inside of the windows? While I'm able to get my windows pretty clean using the (old style) glass cleaning towels and Glass Clearer, it sometimes seems like all I can do is just move the film from one spot to another, never really getting rid of it :mad:

There's got to be a recipe for success out there somewhere... :xfingers::)   

Only fix I've found that works for my cars is to clean the inside windows with a wet cloth with Dawn (blue) dish soap, rinse it, then I use the Adam's Glass Cleaner. Sometimes I use the Glass Cleaner two or three wipes to get it streak free, but I have glass that has no film, and looks almost invisible.  I use the newer yellow/green glass towels.

I feel your pain, I clean my windows almost weekly just to keep it away, thats the easiest way I have found to do it in all honesty. Clean windows are a small pet peeve of mine so taking the 15min to clean the inside and outside of the glass is well worth it. 

It used to be a "pet" peeve of mine too, but then I adopted 2 dogs. The nose art is unreal. With my 7 window SUV (9 if you include the split in the back windows), only the windshield doesn't have dog snot on it. So now, glass cleaning is more on an as needed basis lol.

Edited by Mariner

You can also use a magic eraser in lieu of clay on the inside glass

Magic Erasers are great, but I don't recommend them around cars.  They can take paint, treatments, almost anything off your car.  Save them for heavy duty household stuff.  While you could use them for glass, (my wife uses them with scrubbing bubbles to clean the shower glass), I still say keep them away from car glass.  They will leave a film as well that you'll have to clean off, so double the work. 

I use the Brilliant glaze at least once a month on all my vehicles. That stuff is incredible. I don't clean the windshield before hand, i just apply it to an applicator pad and BAM the windshield looks brand new without any hazing or streaking.

So, nothing done to the windshield before hand?  Just normal, semi-dirty glass.  Apply BG, wipe off haze and it's crystal clear?  If this is true, I will have to finally open my unused bottle to check that out.

So, nothing done to the windshield before hand? Just normal, semi-dirty glass. Apply BG, wipe off haze and it's crystal clear? If this is true, I will have to finally open my unused bottle to check that out.

That is what I have done and it turns out great. I've also seen a reduction in film build up. It's been over a month and I don't have a film on the windshield yet.

Brilliant Glaze on inside of windows ROCKS. have done both of our cars and windows haven't been better in years. No haze, just crystal clear glass. Glad I have 5 bottles thanks to Mystery Boxes!

I just had an idea it may be over kill, but what about using the Rupes or SK mini to apply with? Obviously on the exterior those make sense. And on the inside you couldn't get probably 15-20% of the windshield, but I bet it would knock that junk out even better than by hand. To get the extra 15-20% hard to reach area we will need a Nano.

Simply, if you haven't tried this BG "trick" already, do it.

I finally got time to apply it to the interior of my windshield (haven't done the rear view mirror yet, as Beemer suggested). Used the MF pad to apply, then a SST to remove the residue. Voila. Clean glass with no haze. And the car smelled like coconut...or at least until I used LC on the seats.

Soooooo happy with the results. Thanks for the tip, team Adam's!  :banana: