Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic boost

hemi1300

Question

Not planning on getting the ceramic paint sealant kit at this time, but curious about the ceramic boost. Would it be worth purchasing just to use as a spray/wax type product if u don't have the ceramic coating applied? Or is it mainly just for use with the ceramic coating?

I am actually debating about trying this too.  I am buying some for my wifes car that has some Opti-Coat left on it. I plan on buffing the rest off in the spring and then using Adams new coating to try it out too.

Not planning on getting the ceramic paint sealant kit at this time, but curious about the ceramic boost. Would it be worth purchasing just to use as a spray/wax type product if u don't have the ceramic coating applied? Or is it mainly just for use with the ceramic coating?

Using Ceramic Boost as a stand-a-lone product also interests me.

Based on REALLY limited information, it seems Ceramic Boost MAY be particularly appropriate on vehicles previously washed with Wash and Wax. (But would it be a better choice than say H2OGG? Or a coat of wax?)

Adam's Ceramic Boost is a cutting-edge new product that complements Adam's Paint Coating, adding an even slicker surface, more gloss, and prolongs the life of the ceramic coating. Ceramic Boost can also be used by itself, offering several months of protection and shine in a quick and easy-to-use spray-on and buff-off sealant that contains silica protection like our Wash & Wax.

Ceramic Boost works almost effortlessly on a vehicle surface that has been treated with Adam's Paint Coating. It does not require a long set-up time - spray it evenly across the painted surface, use a plush, premium Adam's Microfiber Towel to spread and work the product into the surface, and then either flip the towel over or use a second towel to buff it to a streak-free finish, much like how you would use Adam's Detail Spray

Adam's Ceramic Boost also has hydrophobic properties that will not only bead water incredibly well, it will repel water from the surface - making it more difficult for dirt, mud, and other road grime to stick to the surface and allowing for easier maintenance cleanup as well. Step up your detailing game with this product, you're going to love it, 110% satisfaction guaranteed!

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Wash vehicle, thoroughly rinse, and dry, following our videos.

2. Generously spray Adam’s Ceramic Boost over a panel to be treated.

3. Using a premium Adam’s Microfiber Towel, spread evenly over surface.

4. Flip the towel over or use a second towel to lightly buff away residue.

5. Repeat for most exterior surfaces – paint, plastic, and chrome.

6. Apply to wheels last. Do not use on glass.

Common Sense Warning:

This product will work best on a clayed and polished surface that has already been treated with Adam’s Paint Coating. Work quickly if using in direct sun to avoid streaks or spotting.

Edited by gabhart

...Ceramic Boost can also be used by itself, offering several months of protection and shine in a quick and easy-to-use spray-on and buff-off sealant that contains silica protection like our Wash & Wax. ...

That's what initially got my attention.

A discussion/comparison of key attributes (effort to apply, shine, protection, longevity, layering...) for the different exterior protection/enhancement products would be great. 

Had all of the same questions about the Ceramic Boost.  Might be a good replacement for Quick Sealant.  On paint, curious whether it would go on before or after LPS.  Guessing after, but if it lasts "several months" then I guess you could use it instead.  (But I won't cuz I'm old and set in my ways.)

I will be going this route as well, 2 older daily drivers just don't warrant the full treatment. I figure ceramic boost with sealant and wax over it once they are both polished for spring should be plenty good enough.

Interesting.

What are your thoughts on PS over, or under, CRB?

Edited by LT1xL82

Interesting.

I was going to go with ceramic boost as the first layer and work up, unless conflicting information comes out before I get to try it out. We are in the rainy season out here so unless I really make a dent in the garage it will wait until spring.

Most definitely the Ceramic Boost is worth buying as a stand alone.

I can't speak for the longevity however I have used it by itself.....gives your paint a real slick and shiny finish.

I don't think you will be sorry!!

Most definitely the Ceramic Boost is worth buying as a stand alone.

I can't speak for the longevity however I have used it by itself.....gives your paint a real slick and shiny finish.

I don't think you will be sorry!!

Chris...if using Ceramic Boost stand alone, what, if anything, would you suggest under or over it?

Chris...if using Ceramic Boost stand alone, what, if anything, would you suggest under or over it?

Also curious as to when in the routine to use this product if using without the ceramic coating. Is it better to use at the end on top of everything like a detail spray? or LPS then the ceramic boost then say wax or detail spray?

Interesting.

I would imagine the boost would be over the sealant, making the sealant last longer, but maybe someone else from Adams can confirm.

Can the ceramic boost be topped off with detail spray? or does this completely eliminate the use for detail spray? I'm thinking the detail spray would take away the shine and water beading properties from the boost.

I'm sure anything is possible, but I'd imagine detail spray would hinder the hydrophobic properties of the ceramic boost.  Regardless if it was me, I would still use it as the drying aid from old habits  :P .

So how would ceramic boost go among with h20 GG? I feel like they are the same concepts, a spray able sealant, but contain different ingredients. I don't understand their applications, why choose ceramic boost over h20 GG or vice versa when no ceramic coating is on the vehicle.

That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. It seems like no one really knows the answer. Wish someone from Adam's would explain this product in more depth.

Works best over a coated car.

I have and from my experience I like H2O G&G better and is easier to apply.

Boost alone didn’t seem to bead as much and was difficult to apply because you don’t want it on any glass I also had a good amount of streaking in the paint reflection which even when I reapplied it wouldn’t go away.

It doesn’t come off the glass very easily if it does get on there.

Edited by FrozenWS6

Ceramic Boost has no real advantage over H2O GG for ME because I get to apply H2O GG to every surface on the car, when it's wet or dry, and not worry about it. Ceramic Boost is like a Detail Spray on mega Steroids but as noted is really only for your paint; you'll have to purchase another product like glass sealant to cover windows.  

I have read that Ceramic Boost, being silica, likes to play with other Silica products, AKA it doesn't really go well with real Wax.  So since Paint Sealant will last longer than Ceramic Boost, you'd want to have your paint stripped of all coatings, apply PS and then use Ceramic Boost as a topper OR H2O GG.  I think the CB may leave your paint feeling a little bit more slick, but I don't want for any more slickness that my LPS + H2O GG already gives me; plus CB is harder to apply, can't work on glass, and is more expensive.  

I kind of view it as "Why mess with a good thing" in this instance; LPS + H2O GG is a long time proven concept that lots of Adam's users use.  I'm sure CB will do it just fine too.  Pick one and go with it; try both.  But if you're using H2O GG, don't feel like you're missing out and should switch to CB

Edited by LSX Maestro

There was another thread about this, about 6months ago.  I was doing my own testing.  I agree with LSX and FROZEN (James and Jeff).  But some others loved the CB.  Do a search and see what you find.  We had had pics and all.

PS- i would always use paint sealant first, on your bare paint, it forms a bond with the surface and is the strongest protection offered.  Then just about anything else can go over top

Edited by Nickfire20