Customer Service 866.965.0400

3M Colorguard Window Film

Sugar

Anyone ever have an issue?  I got it installed about 3 weeks ago and it seems to look hazy/cloudy when the sun in perpendicular to the window (or close to perpendicular).  Its really annoying.  They look dirty and often are really hard to read signs out of.  

I called the installer (reputable business) and mentioned it to him and he claim 3M Colorguard can have what he calls "low level light haze".  He told me to bring it back and he will change to a different brand of tint if it bothers me.  

Will be switching to SunTek.  Only bad thing is that the heat rejections is not as good as the 3M.  I can deal with that as long as it doesn't look so bad this time.

Anyone ever have an issue?  I got it installed about 3 weeks ago and it seems to look hazy/cloudy when the sun in perpendicular to the window (or close to perpendicular).  Its really annoying.  They look dirty and often are really hard to read signs out of.  

I called the installer (reputable business) and mentioned it to him and he claim 3M Colorguard can have what he calls "low level light haze".  He told me to bring it back and he will change to a different brand of tint if it bothers me.  

Will be switching to SunTek.  Only bad thing is that the heat rejections is not as good as the 3M.  I can deal with that as long as it doesn't look so bad this time.

Hey there sorry it took so long, this color stable 3M film is a good quality product that has a nice look to it. The problem that you are noticing is what the manufacture calls "low level haze" you can only see it in some angles. It's totally normal for this film, it bothers some people and others it does not.

Suntek is owned by lumbar, they also make good films. Depending on what film type your tinter is going to replace your tint with, they also have really good heat rejection films. So you t just depends on what you'll get.

Your tinter is on the up and up and he was being honest to you.

In my opinion, I like that film color that 3m has with this film but it all depends on if your willing to deal with it.

Good Luck