Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Coating

Helldog

Question

9 answers to this question

Not sure why you would want put a coating on clear film. The newer films are "self healing" and have a bit of "give" or "flexibility". A ceramic coating is just the opposite. It's designed to be a hard protective layer. So no, do not apply a coating to clear film.

Edited by Odds and Ends

Not sure why you would want put a ciating on clear film. The newer films are "self healing" and have a bit of "give" or "flexibility". A ceramic coating is just the opposite. It's designed to be a hard protective layer. So no, do not apply a coating to clear film.

Actually a lot of the other brands you can install the coatings on top of the ppf. Several of the detailers in my city do it all the time. Only film that it wont work for is Nano Fusion ppf its already coated from the factory... 

Not sure why you would want put a ciating on clear film. The newer films are "self healing" and have a bit of "give" or "flexibility". A ceramic coating is just the opposite. It's designed to be a hard protective layer. So no, do not apply a coating to clear film.

Not sure where you got your information from. A majority of high end shops always put a coating over PPF, it helps the film repel water and other debris. Films are very expensive to begin with, so a coating is a great option to ensure you get the maximum life out of your clearbra/film.

In addition to this, I have a question while we are on the topic.  I plan to have a clear bra installed soon.  Should I put the ceramic coating on the front end or do the coating on the whole car after the bra is put on?  Thoughts?

In addition to this, I have a question while we are on the topic. I plan to have a clear bra installed soon. Should I put the ceramic coating on the front end or do the coating on the whole car after the bra is put on? Thoughts?

After the ppf is installed. Most cases the ppf will not stick to the coating.