Customer Service 866.965.0400

Max Tire Shine

avimore

Question

I know this look is not for everyone, but I would like to know the best technique to achieve a high gloss look on my tires.

I watched a video (don't think it's very recent) where Adam says to spray the entire tire down liberally and let it sit for 30 minutes so the product dries on the tire.

To be honest I haven't tried this technique yet, mainly because 1, in the video Adam goes through a lot of product which I rather not do, and 2, using that much product would really make a mess of my wheels as I've got low profile tires (265/30/20).

So just wondering if you guys have any other tips/techniques for achieving a high gloss look?

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

I think as long as you get uniform coverage with TS and let it sit you will get the highest shine possible. If you are concerned about using too much product you can spray on less and spread it around with a foam block. This will probably give less shine but you will have to see for yourself as to how much less.

You can also spray directly on the foam block to minimize getting the TS product on the wheels.

Edited by chops1sc

I think as long as you get uniform coverage with TS and let it sit you will get the highest shine possible. If you are concerned about using too much product you can spray on less and spread it around with a foam block. This will probably give less shine but you will have to see for yourself as to how much less.

You can also spray directly on the foam block to minimize getting the TS product on the wheels.

I currently spray onto a foam block and I find that it takes off a lot of the shine.

Something else I forgot to mention is that it's difficult to get uniform coverage because the TS spray does not come out in a good fan pattern.  It's more like a two-stream pattern that some have talked about.  If I could get it to come out in more of a fan/mist pattern I think I could get better coverage without using too much product.  Maybe the product is too thick to achieve this?

Or maybe try a Tolco sprayer on Tire Shine bottle.  The 32 oz. Premium bottle has a Tolco sprayer.

In a pattern that doesn't go EVERYWHERE over your wheels and fenders it still kind of comes out in smaller streams. I usually hit the tread block and then one or two squirts into the foam applicator.

For the MOST ridiculous shine I've ever played with I did a layer of VRT that I let dry all the way and then a coat of Tire Shine. Let it dry. And then another coat of tire shine. It was too much shine for me. 

Or maybe try a Tolco sprayer on Tire Shine bottle.  The 32 oz. Premium bottle has a Tolco sprayer.

In a pattern that doesn't go EVERYWHERE over your wheels and fenders it still kind of comes out in smaller streams. I usually hit the tread block and then one or two squirts into the foam applicator.

For the MOST ridiculous shine I've ever played with I did a layer of VRT that I let dry all the way and then a coat of Tire Shine. Let it dry. And then another coat of tire shine. It was too much shine for me. 

I've noticed that two layers of Tire Shine works well for a lot of shine. I let the first layer dry at least an hour, then, the next time I go out to my car, I add another. 

Sounds like a couple of coats is the way to go.  I also never thought about layering VRT and Tire Shine, interesting. 

Looks like I'll just have to experiment and find something that works.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Edited by avimore

I know this look is not for everyone, but I would like to know the best technique to achieve a high gloss look on my tires.

I watched a video (don't think it's very recent) where Adam says to spray the entire tire down liberally and let it sit for 30 minutes so the product dries on the tire.

To be honest I haven't tried this technique yet, mainly because 1, in the video Adam goes through a lot of product which I rather not do, and 2, using that much product would really make a mess of my wheels as I've got low profile tires (265/30/20).

So just wondering if you guys have any other tips/techniques for achieving a high gloss look?

Thanks.

If you like to save product and money I usually spray it on a Microfiber covered sponge or cotton covered sponge and apply to tire directly, this is cost effective and multiple applications give you that gloss you like. You also will need to clean the rubber on the tires thoughrly. Many sprayer make a mess out of the rims.

I keep my sponge in a separate container and only use it for tires, I also use the Adams tire applicator it works just as good.