Customer Service 866.965.0400

Introducing Adam's Ceramic Wheel Coating

Joe@Adams

What is the shelf life, once opened?

I am also wondering this. Especially since the price is much higher for a larger bottle, but what about if we only have a single vehicle... I don't see this product lasting a year once it's open?

Are all the coatings 50ml bottles?

Because most competitors in that price range are for a 15ml bottle of ceramic only. Our kit comes with a 50ml bottle plus all of the other accessories - microfiber towels, Coating Prep, Ceramic Boost, Applicators, and rubber gloves.

What is the shelf life, once opened?

We've had bottles here going on 10+ months and still working fine, as long as you keep the cap on them at all times immediately after use. 

That is a 100% honest answer and makes sense.  Thanks for explaining it to me and not taking offense to it.  You da man, Dan!

No problem man, glad I could help.

I am also wondering this. Especially since the price is much higher for a larger bottle, but what about if we only have a single vehicle... I don't see this product lasting a year once it's open?

See my reply above. It will last plenty of months to do multiple sets of wheels, as long as all directions are followed.

Are all the coatings 50ml bottles?

All three Adam's coatings are 50ml bottles, yes.

See my reply above. It will last plenty of months to do multiple sets of wheels, as long as all directions are followed.

Not to beat a dead horse, but even this wouldn't work for me because I only have a single vehicle. If one wheel application lasts over a year, well unless this bottle is rated to last YEARS which I'm sure Adams wouldn't be willing to guarantee even if instructions were followed, then the size of the bottle can actually be negative thing. Is there any chance Adams will offer a smaller, single application kit for the weekend warrior? I can't justify one use from a kit this expensive, then have it go bad before I can use it again. Edited by Mariner

Do you have friends or family that have cars with dirty wheels?

If you're talking to me, then no, not currently.

Honestly what I'm hoping for is a smaller, cheaper package. For example, what they did with the Paint Sealant, Polishing Compounds, Americana wax, so on and so forth.

Edited by Mariner

Honestly what I'm hoping for is a smaller, cheaper package. For example, what they did with the Paint Sealant, Polishing Compounds, Americana wax, so on and so forth.

Unfortunately they offered the smaller packages at the expense of a larger alternative. There are products that aren't offered in a gallon size (odor neutralizer comes to mind) and they only offer 8 ounce bottles of polishes and such now. Unfortunately, in doing that they've raised the price of their products per unit. It used to be $29.99 for a 16 ounce polish and it's not $19.99 for 8 ounces. For those of us who do enough detailing to buy in "bulk," they've taken away that option.

There should be a couple of sizes of each product offered or at least a means to purchase in whatever quantity you need. The smaller bottles have hit the "weekend warrior" market and increased profit margins, but left the people who do consume more product in the dark with higher prices.

I've been waiting to see what options they come up with for shops and those who do go through products. Hopefully answers come soon.

Unfortunately they offered the smaller packages at the expense of a larger alternative. There are products that aren't offered in a gallon size (odor neutralizer comes to mind) and they only offer 8 ounce bottles of polishes and such now. Unfortunately, in doing that they've raised the price of their products per unit. It used to be $29.99 for a 16 ounce polish and it's not $19.99 for 8 ounces. For those of us who do enough detailing to buy in "bulk," they've taken away that option.

There should be a couple of sizes of each product offered or at least a means to purchase in whatever quantity you need. The smaller bottles have hit the "weekend warrior" market and increased profit margins, but left the people who do consume more product in the dark with higher prices.

I've been waiting to see what options they come up with for shops and those who do go through products. Hopefully answers come soon.

Very good points. However, lots of us try to look past the fact that cutting product by a half doesn't usually split cost in half, etc. Personally, I've spent a few thousand (gulp) in just over a year to build up my Adams collection so that I don't need to really buy 16oz bottles as I have a gallon or more of everything. But then these coatings (which I never thought would) hit the Adams market and although it would be nice to have the trim and wheel coatings, I only have a single vehicle... and therefore for me, "buying in bulk" which is basically what a 50mL bottle is if it's designed for multiple applications, isn't logical. I'm sure there are others out there that are in the same boat as me, unmarried, with a single vehicle. 

But as far as the coatings themselves are concerned, good job Adams in coming out with something the people have asked for for a very long time. However personally, I hope now that it's been officially introduced, they expand on their coatings market and perhaps make a smaller package deal, even if it's not priced on a logical ratio. 

I understand and agree the pricing isn't logical. My comments were more observational than anything else. As someone who goes through product, it's frustrating seeing the trend. I try to keep an inventory of product so I'm not without what I need when I need it. The trend has been going more towards the occasional use as opposed to multiple uses. Well minus the coatings.

Hearing this is 9H eases some of my questions for longevity. However, as you normally do how did this hold up in comparisons against things like DLUX? 

I have DLUX on my wheels and plastics on my wrangler, but when that wears off I'm always open to alternatives. 

Not to beat a dead horse, but even this wouldn't work for me because I only have a single vehicle. If one wheel application lasts over a year, well unless this bottle is rated to last YEARS which I'm sure Adams wouldn't be willing to guarantee even if instructions were followed, then the size of the bottle can actually be negative thing. Is there any chance Adams will offer a smaller, single application kit for the weekend warrior? I can't justify one use from a kit this expensive, then have it go bad before I can use it again.

At this time, I'm not aware of any plans to have smaller sizes. It will add confusion to the shipping team since the bottles are not labeled to designate their size; otherwise we would have to source a smaller height glass bottle, which is also a possibility. I will bring it up with the team.

For the time being, if you don't want to buy the Wheel Coating Kit with the large 50ml bottle, you could get the Paint Coating Kit and use it on your wheels as well the painted body panels on your vehicle...just realize that it will not be as durable when applied to wheels when compared to the actual Wheel Coating. 

If you don't mind, send an email to ashley@adamspolishes.com and see if she could help you out with a wholesale account. She does try to work with some shops to help them out with things that are bought in large quantities if it's feasible.

At this time, I'm not aware of any plans to have smaller sizes. It will add confusion to the shipping team since the bottles are not labeled to designate their size; otherwise we would have to source a smaller height glass bottle, which is also a possibility. I will bring it up with the team.

For the time being, if you don't want to buy the Wheel Coating Kit with the large 50ml bottle, you could get the Paint Coating Kit and use it on your wheels as well the painted body panels on your vehicle...just realize that it will not be as durable when applied to wheels when compared to the actual Wheel Coating.

If you don't mind, send an email to ashley@adamspolishes.com and see if she could help you out with a wholesale account. She does try to work with some shops to help them out with things that are bought in large quantities if it's feasible.

Thanks Dan. I'll shoot her an email in the morning. I didn't mean to come across overly negative or complaining, just trying to manage costs. I don't necessarily do huge volume like a full time shop, but I consume enough product that the discount of bigger quantities is more than worth it for me. I'd be afraid to see how much my account totals are. In the spring, I have a feeling my workload is going to increase considerably as I'm actually going to actively try to bring work in rather than working off of referrals only. Being set up like that would be a huge plus!

Thank you again! I'll send Ashley that email.

I had Dressing on the tires prior to the Coating application and then another coat afterwards. I got no Coating on the rubber, the applicator was perfect for staying where I wanted it. The wheels I just did also had a ridged lip where a wheel weight could be hammered on leaving me a nice guide. On a rounded wheel outer lip where you need the stick on type weights to balance it might be a different story.

I did get some of the Coating Prep and Ceramic Boost on the rubber when I sprayed the wheel with those two, I wiped those products off immediately with no ill affects to the Dressing already on the rubber.

• 4 weeks later...