Customer Service 866.965.0400

Challenger detail

Thorsager

This past week we had a propane heater installed in our garage. This means I can now detail in the winter! I wanted to try out the heated garage so I decided to do a full detail on our 2012 Challenger. It had been 18 months since the last polished the car. This was due to me putting in a lot a lot of hours at work and buying a house that needed some work.

I was happy with the condition of the paint. There was just some light scratches but no swirls. So after a normal wash I clayed the paint and  decided to go with just a one-step process with Adams Paint Correcting Polish and a foam pad. My main polisher is the Flex 3401.  I then used Adams Liquid Paint Sealant. The following day I topped that with Adams Patriot wax. I also sealed all the glass with Adams Glass Sealant. I used Adams Quick Sealant on all the black trim and wheels (I bought 8 cans when I found out it was being discontinued).

post-7699-0-41553800-1481677778_thumb.jpg

post-7699-0-69104200-1481677927_thumb.jpg

I would have taken pictures outside but it decided to snow today!

post-7699-0-17456700-1481677938_thumb.jpg

Looks great! I need to work up the nerve to buy the polishing kit to do my own car.

Just do some research and decide which polisher would work best for you. I learned by watching Adams videos 4 years ago. If you have questions just ask. We are all here to help.

What's the hang up? Cost? New techniques to learn? I'm sure we can help you get through it.

Taking a power tool to my paint is a little intimadating I just don't want to mess up anything. I've watched all the Adams polishing videos and it looks like a breeze, but I'm still a little nervous. When I do get something I think I want the swirl killer

Taking a power tool to my paint is a little intimadating I just don't want to mess up anything. I've watched all the Adams polishing videos and it looks like a breeze, but I'm still a little nervous. When I do get something I think I want the swirl killer

Maybe start on a friend or family member's car to practice and get the feel of it? I have a daily to experiment and practice on so that what I do. If I didn't, I know plenty of people who would offer up their cars for "research."

Maybe start on a friend or family member's car to practice and get the feel of it? I have a daily to experiment and practice on so that what I do. If I didn't, I know plenty of people who would offer up their cars for "research."

Totally forgot I have my old work truck to practice on! Great idea

It really is not that difficult. As long as the paint has clear coat on it that will tolerate polishing, it's difficult to do significant damage. Go slow. Take your time. Keep the polisher moving. Try a test area using least aggressive to most aggressive to get the desired result. And then have fun with it.

The swirl killer is a great choice for a first polisher.