Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash New Towels First?

galaxy

Question

13 answers to this question

It is generally considered a really good idea to wash towels before the first use. Some people have reported this is particularly true of the new Glass Cleaning Towel.

It is best to sort by color...some towels have been known to bleed color when first washed.

Edited by LT1xL82

Good catch on the powder soap, Rich...thanks.

Jon, I've been told sometimes the granules don't dissolve all the way and can get trapped in the towel's fibers, potentially leading to swirls, etc. Stick with the liquid detergent to avoid that.

I usually don't, I give them a good shake before use. There is no right or wrong way to do it.

I don't every time. Like Chris said usually I pull them out of the bag and give a good snap. Working shows with Adam's we use brand new towels out of the bag all the time and I've personally never had any issues.

Agree.  Have never washed them first with no issues.

I just got 10 of the orange detailing towels and used one right out of the bag on a freshly washed and G&Ged black truck. Noticed a few spots that needed to be touched up so a light spray of detailer and wiped the finish. The towel felt grabby or like it was dragging. I then noticed it was leaving really fine fibers behind on the finish, should I wash all of these first? This never happened with any of the other towels, (Grey edgeless or single/double/triples). Thoughts?

Edited by Woodybc

I just got 10 of the orange detailing towels and used one right out of the bag on a freshly washed and G&Ged black truck. Noticed a few spots that needed to be touched up so a light spray of detailer and wiped the finish. The towel felt grabby or like it was dragging. I then noticed it was leaving really fine fibers behind on the finish, should I wash all of these first? This never happened with any of the other towels, (Grey edgeless or single/double/triples). Thoughts?

The orange towels are known to be super "linty" so I'd suggest washing those ones before use. I usually use any of the others right out of the bag after a good snap.

Depends on my time needs but for the edgeless towels, I usually try to wash them before first use unless I have a time crunch.

Just washed and folded the stack of grey towels I bought with the new years sale. I always wash the orange towels at least once before using them for anything. Other towels I don't worry about much. Like other have said, open the package and give them a few snaps and they are good to go.

Edited by SumBeach35