Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time washing microfibers

WickedJester12

Question

First time washing some of my microfibers. They are not super soiled but I don't have any microfiber revitalizer and brightener as I'm waiting for it to ship with some other goodies. I've read the write up, no dye detergent, no fabric softener, but they will be washed in a washer that we use fabric softener in, is this going to be a problem? Is there something I can use in place of the revitalizer till I reclever it?

14 answers to this question

What types of products are they soiled with?

Not knowing the state of your washer, you can't go wrong with running an empty load with the liquid dye/perfume free detergent first to get any potential residue out. You could pretreat with the free detergent, and aggitate it by hand before the wash. Then wash the towels on hot wash, cold rinse, plus additional rinse if available, with that detergent. Air dry is my preference.

Some buttery wax and detail Spray, some utility towels with dirt from cleaning interior and plastics, I don't have any detergent that is dye free, that's my problem I'm in right now, what detergent do you use that is dye free? I don't have anything to run through the washer to make sure it's rinsed, would running it empty on hot wash be enough to make sure it's cleaned out? Could I spray them with some all purpose cleaner and agitate it, then wash hot wash cold rinse?

All free and clear, it's in a white bottle. I usually run a load of bath towels using the free and clear, then my microfiber. I've been pretreating with brighter and revitalizer them using the All for the microfiber load. There are many schools of thought on this and a ton of diffrent opions.

Be sure to dry on low heat if using the dryer.

Some buttery wax and detail Spray, some utility towels with dirt from cleaning interior and plastics, I don't have any detergent that is dye free, that's my problem I'm in right now, what detergent do you use that is dye free? I don't have anything to run through the washer to make sure it's rinsed, would running it empty on hot wash be enough to make sure it's cleaned out? Could I spray them with some all purpose cleaner and agitate it, then wash hot wash cold rinse?

Yes, pre-treating with APC will not hurt.  I have lots of towels, so they usually sit for a month or more, so I will let them soak for several hours, with some APC or MBR added to the bucket.  If there are really bad spots I will treat the spots first.

Forgot about the APC for pre-treat. Thanks, Michael!

+1 for use of the All free and clear...and be sure to get the liquid. The powder versions can sometimes not disolve completely, and could get embedded in the fibers.

Edited by falcaineer

Gotcha. Sounds like a one-off/simple bad luck, but I'm certain customer service will take care of you.

My guess as to your other post getting locked is it's a duplicate of your posting above - the moderators keep an eye out for things like that.