Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dads Against Daughters Dating

falcaineer

To all dads out there with daughters:

Been spending a lot of time with my girls over the Christmas break, and one just showed me this video. The girl's reaction is priceless. Made me laugh, but also made me think...50 may still be too early!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZsYy0wYBBA

P.S. Is there a way embed the video?

Edited by falcaineer

They're our "little girls" forever.  I hated it when mine started dating. Fortunately (or not) she only dated 2 guys.  One was her high school crush for 2 years, and then she met her future husband senior year of high school.  He was the older brother of her prom date. I made sure she waited until she got out of college before getting married, so she finished up in 3 1/2 years with a double major in criminal justice and political science,  magna cum laude, and even studied in Germany.  She finished school in January of 02 and got married in July of 02.  14 years married,  2 kids, full time government job.  I'm more than a little bit of a proud daddy.

And then there are sons.   :lolsmack:

And then there are sons.    :lolsmack:

Amen to that!

Son is older than daughter by a couple years, both still single, but daughter a lot more responsible than son may ever be..............

the hardest part of being a parent, is watching them make mistakes which impact their lives tremendously, when you know in your hearts they were brought up and taught better than their actions may indicate.........  society today doesn't seem to think consequences come into the equation anymore................... :wacko:

I tip my hat to all those that are parents. I am the youngest of 4, and I'm the only boy. All my sister have children. So I have 4 nephews. Their ages are 6, 11, 15 and 17. I love them all, and I've helped with them all. I've done it all except change a diaper. But whatever gene it is in people that makes them want to have children, I just don't have it. I never want children lol.

Edited by Ls1transam

And then there are sons.    :lolsmack:

Amen to that!

Son is older than daughter by a couple years, both still single, but daughter a lot more responsible than son may ever be..............

the hardest part of being a parent, is watching them make mistakes which impact their lives tremendously, when you know in your hearts they were brought up and taught better than their actions may indicate.........  society today doesn't seem to think consequences come into the equation anymore................... :wacko:

My son will be 40 in August and still single, and the daughter being more responsible........YEP.   I guess that's why we men need women in our lives.  At least most of us guys do.  

I tip my hat to all those that are parents. I am the youngest of 4, and I'm the only boy. All my sister have children. So I have 4 nephews. Their ages are 6, 11, 15 and 17. I love them all, and I've helped with them all. I've done it all except change a diaper. But what're gene it is in people that makes them want to have children, I just don't have it. I never want children lol.

John, for me coming from a family of 6 kids, 5 boys and a girl, after being married for over 10 years without kids, didn't know if we would ever have any. Then unexpectedly pregnancy and son born. Daughter about 27 months later.

Life changing, but in a good way, and it also allows for the family name to continue on for future generations.

With the world in the state it is today, it definitely is a lot more challenging for the younger people, but there is no reward more satisfying than seeing your child not only come into the world, but make their may through life as well.

Rich, that seems to be correct for about 99+%.................

John, for me coming from a family of 6 kids, 5 boys and a girl, after being married for over 10 years without kids, didn't know if we would ever have any. Then unexpectedly pregnancy and son born. Daughter about 27 months later.

Life changing, but in a good way, and it also allows for the family name to continue on for future generations.

With the world in the state it is today, it definitely is a lot more challenging for the younger people, but there is no reward more satisfying than seeing your child not only come into the world, but make their may through life as well.

Rich, that seems to be correct for about 99+%.................

I am the only boy left to carry the name actually. I'm 29 and single.i have been single for the last 5-6 years. I prefer to be alone most times. Maybe something up there in my mind doesn't tick right lol. Theres a good chance I'll never marry either. But who knows, only time will tell.

John, you are the same age as my son, and there should never be any classification of right or wrong choice on being single or not.

The ONLY choice that matters would be what makes you happy and fulfilled, as an unique, individual human being! :2thumbs:

Think I'll keep to myself just a little while longer ????????

John, you are the same age as my son, and there should never be any classification of right or wrong choice on being single or not.

The ONLY choice that matters would be what makes you happy and fulfilled, as an unique, individual human being!   :2thumbs:  

Great Point you made Robert......I wish I was 29 again. 

• 2 years later...

I was 22 and just out of the Navy when I met my future wife who was 17 and just graduated high school.  Plus I'm Italian and Catholic (she's neither).  So you can imagine what I was up against in 1969.  Even my own family wasn't the happiest because she wasn't Italian or Catholic.  But it all worked out and we've been married almost 47 years.    You young guys, if you know she's the one,  don't let anything come between you.  Follow your gut. 

My wife and I met when we were both in the Service, US Coast Guard.  She's of French-German decent and a Catholic and I'm English-Welch and not of a Catholic, we've made it 38 years and counting.  There is only one firm rule in the house, don't walk between her and the TV when the Packers are playing, everything else can be forgiven.

We have two daughters, both are married to good guys.  All the guys they dated always knew exactly where they stood from day one.  You hurt my daughter, I hurt you.  Nothing more was needed to be said, there were no threats, just that the one fact.  My wife I were always known as the cool parents, they girls could have parties at house.  Even their friends could have parties are our house if their parents said it was ok.   Keep the noise at a reasonable level, respect the house rules and no alcohol or drugs and cleanup afterwards.   I still remember a student asking me if I'd call their parents if they every brought alcohol or drugs to my house.   I calmly told him that I would not call his parents, I'd just call the sheriff let them deal with a minor in possession. 

Treat the parents with respect, be polite and treat their daughter right and they'll welcome you with open arms, just give them some time too get to know you.

Edited by RayS