Customer Service 866.965.0400

Now Shipping New and Improved 16OZ Spray Nozzles!

Dan@Adams

This isn't a huge new product announcement, but it's an important one that I wanted to make everyone aware of. If you haven't received an order recently, we're now shipping all 16oz spray products with an all-new spray nozzle:

_FRY9051_zpsq2iqba9v.jpg

The new 16oz sprayers have several improvements over the old sprayer design.

The old sprayers that we had worked well. Simple use - squeeze trigger and they sprayed, but as with everything, we always look to offer better products through testing and research!  We have been testing these new sprayers very rigorously for over 6 months now. I do believe the cost is a little bit more than the old sprayer design per unit, but it's worth it to us to give customers a better experience when using products. This new spray nozzle sprays in a much finer, more consistent mist. The spray pattern is much better at a half-trigger pull (like how most people seem to spray products when I watch them) compared to the old sprayers, but they still work excellent at a full-pull of the trigger as well. The new sprayers also atomize our thicker liquids like H2O Guard & Gloss, Tire Shine, and Wheel Cleaner better as well, again giving a more consistent spray pattern. 

_FRY9056_zpsql9cqueq.jpg

While the nozzle adjuster itself has the same indication symbol for stream or mist, they do still have both spray settings and two off (STOP) positions. 

_FRY9058_zpsypmbk448.jpg

With our old sprayers, the spray trigger could eventually fail or snap off from too many uses; however with these new sprayers, even after hundreds and hundreds of sprays of purposely trying to break the triggers in testing, they kept going strong! 

_FRY9053_zps1xjcgrx7.jpg

The new trigger also requires less effort to pull than the older sprayer, which can make a difference in fingers cramping up when spraying a lot in succession, like with Waterless Wash, Wheel Cleaner, etc.

_FRY9059_zpsp2klxwli.jpg

These sprayers have a more natural fit to your hand, with finger grips molded into the spray trigger. 

_FRY9060_zpsp6rmmnyv.jpg

The sprayers may arrive in your shipment in two pieces. Simply take the flat portion of the stem and insert it into the bottom of the sprayer head until it snaps in place. The curved end in the above picture should go down into the bottle. 

_FRY9045_zps3pcq4uc4.jpg

The stem of the sprayer is also slightly longer than the 16oz bottle to ensure that you get as much as possible out of the bottle before having to refill.

Lastly, we've done tests of hanging bottles upside-down at various angles and temperatures for a few days to see if they would leak, and the only leaks were the small drop or two at the end of the spray nozzle adjuster itself. 

Grab a 3-pack here if you don't want to wait to try them out until your next order arrives:

http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-16oz-replacement-sprayers.html 

I think after you use these new sprayers for a while you will see how much better they work. Let us know what you think by commenting below! Thanks to Joe T. and Benjamin F. for the great photos as usual!

Also used them and they were more comfortable with the new grip on the handle more uniformed spray

Spray nozzles were a big deal to me these are great now I have to replace about 100 of these (lol)

Haha,  i wont be replacing any, just using the ones i have over and over again

I'll have to swap the sprayer that came with my rubber cleaner onto my often-used detail spray bottle to try this out, looks and sounds like a solid improvement.

Any tips on how to tell if the setting is mist or stream, aside from testing with a squirt? I suppose after the first go at it, I'll mark the adjuster somehow.

I applaud this move. The outgoing spray nozzles are large, bulky, fragile, and performed quite poorly with regards to atomization and consistency.

Thanks Adams!

The new ones are a little wider, so I guess they're still bulky, but they sit a few millimeters shorter when on the bottle compared to the old sprayer. These new ones just feel better to me. The plastic can make a little noise when handling them, but performance overall feels better to me in every aspect.

I'll have to swap the sprayer that came with my rubber cleaner onto my often-used detail spray bottle to try this out, looks and sounds like a solid improvement.

Any tips on how to tell if the setting is mist or stream, aside from testing with a squirt? I suppose after the first go at it, I'll mark the adjuster somehow.

If you have the new unused sprayer, all of the ones I've seen so far are sent out in the "STOP" position. If you screw it onto the bottle and you're holding the bottle out in front of you like you would to spray it, turning the nozzle 90 degrees to the left (counter-clockwise) will put it on the MIST setting, and turning it 90 degrees to the right (clockwise) will put it to the STREAM setting.

Alternatively, if you're looking directly at the end of the sprayer, like this picture below, turning to the right (clockwise) will be the MIST setting, and turning to the left (counter-clockwise) will be the STREAM setting:

_FRY9059_zpsp2klxwli.jpg

I'm not saying every sprayer will absolutely be sent out this way, since we receive them from a manufacturing company, but the above has been my experience so far :)

How is it Adams can make anything look sexy... those are some dam sexy spray nozzles!

Joe and Benjamin both have a great eye for photography no doubt! To me, these sprayers look almost modern and retro looking at the same time, just like the new company logo design we switched to last year!

If these are the same Nozzles I have, I love them. Been using them for about a month or two now with Detail Spray and HGG. Nice pattern, comfortable on the hand, and they seem sturdy.

They sure are, these are the same as the ones I sent you back then for troubleshooting and testing!

The new ones are a little wider, so I guess they're still bulky, but they sit a few millimeters shorter when on the bottle compared to the old sprayer. These new ones just feel better to me. The plastic can make a little noise when handling them, but performance overall feels better to me in every aspect.

If you have the new unused sprayer, all of the ones I've seen so far are sent out in the "STOP" position. If you screw it onto the bottle and you're holding the bottle out in front of you like you would to spray it, turning the nozzle 90 degrees to the left (counter-clockwise) will put it on the MIST setting, and turning it 90 degrees to the right (clockwise) will put it to the STREAM setting.

Alternatively, if you're looking directly at the end of the sprayer, like this picture below, turning to the right (clockwise) will be the MIST setting, and turning to the left (counter-clockwise) will be the STREAM setting:

_FRY9059_zpsp2klxwli.jpg

I'm not saying every sprayer will absolutely be sent out this way, since we receive them from a manufacturing company, but the above has been my experience so far :)

Joe and Benjamin both have a great eye for photography no doubt! To me, these sprayers look almost modern and retro looking at the same time, just like the new company logo design we switched to last year!

Looking at this picture, you can see a spray pattern on the nozzle. Do they not have this on them?

Looking at this picture, you can see a spray pattern on the nozzle. Do they not have this on them?

Yes, but they have this symbol twice, for both the mist and stream setting, so there isn't a quick way to distinguish between the two settings other testing out with one spray.

I very quickly got into the habit of "turn left for mist" when I put them on the bottle, and then turning right to go back to the STOP position. This way I'll never accidentally use a stream setting when I don't want to. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I received two of these nozzles with the new details spray and honestly was disappointed.

I love the fine even mist spray, however when I release the trigger after spraying, 4-5 drops drip out the nozzle. Every time. It's quite annoying, especially when I simply want a quick spray. I tested the same detail spray bottle with an old extra sprayer and it didn't do this. No idea why. Also I wish you could tell if it was a spray or a stream like the old sprayers. The same pattern on both stream and spray makes it kind of annoying.

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, LuckyKorean said:

@Dan@Adams 

Sorry if I’m bumping old thread but what happened to these sprayers? They look lot better aesthetically since the Adam’s “A” is curved lol. I haven’t gotten any of them in recent orders. 

They leaked, so Adam's went back to the original boxy ones.

Yes, unfortunately these sprayers gave a very nice misting pattern, but the quality control on some batches that we received were not up to our standards, so we reverted back to the previous sprayer design.

Lately I've been using the Pressurized Multi-Sprayer and the Pressurized 1.5 Foam Sprayer for quite a good bit of my exterior products like Waterless Wash, Detail Spray, and Iron Remover for the Multi-Sprayer, and Wheel Cleaner, Tire & Rubber Cleaner, and Eco APC for the Foaming Sprayer. They make for an easier detail session for me!