Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Swirl Killer Mini!

Chris@Adams

Question

Played around with the new Mini & the new Blue MF Pad.
What a great polisher and very pleasant to use, and I must say how fast this combo corrected my paint.
The pics speak for themselves. BTW, I love the 25' cord!

http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-swirl-killer-mini-12mm-lt-polisher.html

http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-4-orange-microfiber-cutting-pads-2-pack.html
Before......
IMG_0195.JPG
After the Mini & Blue MF pad with HCC.
IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG

Wow it didn't leave any hazing behind. I figured the heavy compound would need a second step.

So in some cases you could maybe go from the heavy compound straight to the white pad and finishing polish?

Edited by Ls1transam

The new white/blue microfiber pad is much thinner than the older black faced microfiber pad with the orange foam. I find this new white faced pad to have much more "bite" being so much thinner. I also found during beta testing the Swirl Killer Mini, I could quickly overheat the orange foam between the backing plate and black microfiber face and melt it. I've not done that yet with this new microfiber pad. 

Oh, and don't run this little machine on high speed 6 for any length of time. I found it to work well on speed 4, only needing to crank it up to 5 or 6 to correct specific scratches or defects.

Edited by BRZN

The new white/blue microfiber pad is much thinner than the older black faced microfiber pad with the orange foam. I find this new white faced pad to have much more "bite" being so much thinner. I also found during beta testing the Swirl Killer Mini, I could quickly overheat the orange foam between the backing plate and black microfiber face and melt it. I've not done that yet with this new microfiber pad. 

Oh, and don't run this little machine on high speed 6 for any length of time. I found it to work well on speed 4, only needing to crank it up to 5 or 6 to correct specific scratches or defects.

Denver, PA?  jeeze, you live like 10 mins from me haha.

Played around with the new Mini & the new Blue MF Pad.

What a great polisher and very pleasant to use, and I must say how fast this combo corrected my paint.

The pics speak for themselves. BTW, I love the 25' cord!

http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-swirl-killer-mini-12mm-lt-polisher.html

http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-4-orange-microfiber-cutting-pads-2-pack.html

Before......

attachicon.gifIMG_0195.JPG

After the Mini & Blue MF pad with HCC.

attachicon.gifIMG_0199.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0196.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0202.JPG

I know we are getting the Swirl Killer here in Australia in April (according to our Adam's website) but i was wondering if there are any plans on releasing the Mini here as well??

I'm in Australia, we have a pre release on the the Swirl Killer machine, but I would love to get a mini as well, for more versatility

Sorry if my question was a little hard to understand  :help:

I second this request for the mini to be made available here in Australia  :thumbsup:

Yes, both the Swirl Killer and the Swirl Killer Mini come with the appropriate backing plate pre-installed. We have replacement ones available as well. For the Mini in particular, if you're using the machine incorrectly or for too long at too high of a speed, there is the chance of too much heat generating into the backing plate and melting the velcro of the backing plate - the Mini is designed for spot correction only and not for polishing out an entire panel for example. If the velcro melts, pads will no longer stick, and the backing plate will need to be replaced.

I'm in Australia, we have a pre release on the the Swirl Killer machine, but I would love to get a mini as well, for more versatility

Sorry if my question was a little hard to understand  :help:

I second this request for the mini to be made available here in Australia  :thumbsup:

Same here.

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked already. I've been searching and I couldn't find a clear answer.

Would it be possible to use the swirl killer mini to polish an entire car? I personally like the smaller pad size to reach the hard to reach places. I was looking at the specs and noticed that the SK mini has a 12mm throw as compared to the 15 mm throw of the regular SK. Since the coverage is so similar I was wondering if the mini would work on the entire car, especially on a small sedan? Is there any concerns about overheating the motor? 

I sadly can't afford to buy both the regular and mini SK. Just trying to get the most bang for my buck in this decision.

Thanks

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked already. I've been searching and I couldn't find a clear answer.

Would it be possible to use the swirl killer mini to polish an entire car? I personally like the smaller pad size to reach the hard to reach places. I was looking at the specs and noticed that the SK mini has a 12mm throw as compared to the 15 mm throw of the regular SK. Since the coverage is so similar I was wondering if the mini would work on the entire car, especially on a small sedan? Is there any concerns about overheating the motor?

I sadly can't afford to buy both the regular and mini SK. Just trying to get the most bang for my buck in this decision.

Thanks

The mini is meant for spot corrections only. Small areas that the normal size polisher can't get into. I wouldn't do a whole car with it.