Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from Utah

pogipogi

Just thought I would say hi to everyone. I've started using Adams polishes stuff for about a year now. Bought a foam gun last year and love his detailing stuff. I am going to be buying the buff stuff and will be buffing my truck when the snow stops. Anyone else on here from Utah?

Steve

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone! 

Does anyone have the Swirl Killer? I have a bunch of yellow dots all over my truck because of the snow here in Utah. I usually pay someone to buff it every year but I would rather buy the swirl killer and see if that will work but don't really want to spend the money if it doesn't. 

Welcome to the next stage of the addiction, Steven (i.e., the forums)!

I have a 13 Optima SX, also in the Snow White Pearl. Love it. I should post some pics of mine, too, sometime.

yeah I love the Optima's man. They are great cars for the money.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums. I'm from Idaho Falls, Idahor. We seem to be closer than most people on here. I'm buying a swirl killer this next week. I've had a porter cable 7424xp, but I just needed and upgrade. The porter cable seems to do the job but the vibration isn't worth the extra 80 of a swirl killer. As for iron particles in your paint, if you dilute wheel cleaner 1:1 and spray the whole vehicle it cleans the iron particles out. Adam's has some videos on the process that are helpful. I just bought a white 2014 chevy silverado last November an it has a ton of those iron spots on it and I plan on doing a full correction here in a few weeks!

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums. I'm from Idaho Falls, Idahor. We seem to be closer than most people on here. I'm buying a swirl killer this next week. I've had a porter cable 7424xp, but I just needed and upgrade. The porter cable seems to do the job but the vibration isn't worth the extra 80 of a swirl killer. As for iron particles in your paint, if you dilute wheel cleaner 1:1 and spray the whole vehicle it cleans the iron particles out. Adam's has some videos on the process that are helpful. I just bought a white 2014 chevy silverado last November an it has a ton of those iron spots on it and I plan on doing a full correction here in a few weeks!

Dadellg, thanks for the reply. I didn't realize you replied so sorry for the late response. I actually just order the 15mm swirl killer and the $99 kit for the the pads and polishes. I will be trying it out hopefully soon when it stops raining. I'm excited to make it all shinny again. have you done yours yet?

I bought both the swirl killer and the mini. I did a full paint correction for a customer and I finally convinced my wife to let me buy all new stuff, but I haven't had the time to work on my personal vehicles much lately. I've been way to busy working on customers vehicles or helping family! I have 2 sister's that are remodeling their houses and I'm trying to finish our basement as well so I've been way to busy!!

I love the swirl killer though. It's a huge step up from the porter cable! If your picky about the little areas as well and you can justify buying the mini, it's worth it. I really like the mini as well.

I bought both the swirl killer and the mini. I did a full paint correction for a customer and I finally convinced my wife to let me buy all new stuff, but I haven't had the time to work on my personal vehicles much lately. I've been way to busy working on customers vehicles or helping family! I have 2 sister's that are remodeling their houses and I'm trying to finish our basement as well so I've been way to busy!!

I love the swirl killer though. It's a huge step up from the porter cable! If your picky about the little areas as well and you can justify buying the mini, it's worth it. I really like the mini as well.

That's good to know. I actually bought the swirl killer last week and a polishing kit and they didn't give me one of the compounds and that's the one I was going to use. I called them and they are sending it. I also order the quick wax to put on after. Looks like it will be delivered today so I'll see about doing the truck this weekend and see if it takes off the little rust dots. I know Adam did a video on rust dots and uses wheel cleaner but I don't want to put wheel cleaner on my truck unless I have to. I'm hoping the swirl killer will do it.

• 1 month later...