Customer Service 866.965.0400

Strip wash benefit

Sugar

Question

Is there a reason to use the Adam's strip wash?  I have always used dawn typically for stripping before paint correction.  What benefit is there to buying a dedicated strip wash vs other methods like APC/shampoo or dawn?

7 answers to this question

The biggest reason I use Adam's strip wash over dawn or shampoo with APC is it won't dry out or damage plastic and rubber trim. Dawn is very harsh on plastics and rubber, APC isn't exactly gentle either. Strip wash specifically is made to remove wax, sealant and trim dressings without staining or completely drying out trim.

Dawn was made for washing pots and pans. The strip wash was designed to be clear coat/paint friendly. Some swear by dawn I just go with a car soap instead of kitchen/household soap when washing my vehicles.

It works well as all the soaps adams has to offer us. Give it a try adams always has their satisfaction guarntee

The big reason to wash with Strip Wash instead of Dawn is "POLYMERS". That's the good stuff in Car Shampoo and Strip Wash that make washing safer for your paint. The polymers are what encapsulate the dirt, which allows the dirt to be wiped from the paint with much less chance of scratching.

Dawn does not have these polymers to encapsulate the dirt. A dish soap's primary function is to cut grease.