Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless Observation

galaxy

Question

So I just finally started trying rinseless wash a few weeks ago.  I already had another popular, well regarded brand and I had Adam's also, so I've swapped around a couple times.  All my vehicles turn out great each time and I feel I'm doing it right and using a process I like.  The thing that surprised me was I expected the water/mixture to have much, much more lubricity than it did.  No problems caused and no scratching or damage to paint, but yea...expected more.  What does the rinseless wash provide you?  I experienced the same thing with both brands.  Finish is amazing but that may also be in part to the QD used as a drying aide.  The Adam's I was using about 2 oz in ~3 gallons of water.  Same with brand X; followed manufacturers dilution ratio recommendation.  You guys experience this?  Did you experience more slick-ness from the mix?

16 answers to this question

when I use it as a rinseless in a 5gal I get the same feeling you get, when I dilute it to a waterless mix with some distilled water I get a much slicker mix. As well as using a lot less product.

What do you dilute it to for your waterless mix?

Hi Jon! Hmm, 2oz of Rinseless Wash to 3 gallons of water should provide a pretty slick solution that should feel slippery in your hands. I wouldn't go too much over that mixture though, as you may start to have some streaking issues if you make it too concentrated. Make sure to thoroughly shake the Rinseless Wash bottle/gallon before pouring it into the water bucket.

What type of towels are you using for the rinseless washing, for both the wet towels and the drying towel? I like to use our Double Soft, Triple Soft, or Borderless Gray Towels, as they seem to hold the most amount of solution for me. I'm sure you're aware, but remember to fold the towel over often so that you are not dragging a dirty side of the towel across the surface - that can make the solution feel less slick and possibly introduce scratches.

I typically use 5 or more towels for rinseless washing, and once I remove a wet towel from the bucket, it does not go back into the bucket during the wash process. Once that towel is fully dirty, I put it into a separate empty bucket and continue with a new clean towel - better to be safe than sorry :)

Hi Jon! Hmm, 2oz of Rinseless Wash to 3 gallons of water should provide a pretty slick solution that should feel slippery in your hands. I wouldn't go too much over that mixture though, as you may start to have some streaking issues if you make it too concentrated. Make sure to thoroughly shake the Rinseless Wash bottle/gallon before pouring it into the water bucket.

What type of towels are you using for the rinseless washing, for both the wet towels and the drying towel? I like to use our Double Soft, Triple Soft, or Borderless Gray Towels, as they seem to hold the most amount of solution for me. I'm sure you're aware, but remember to fold the towel over often so that you are not dragging a dirty side of the towel across the surface - that can make the solution feel less slick and possibly introduce scratches.

I typically use 5 or more towels for rinseless washing, and once I remove a wet towel from the bucket, it does not go back into the bucket during the wash process. Once that towel is fully dirty, I put it into a separate empty bucket and continue with a new clean towel - better to be safe than sorry :)

Question about the shaking the bottle step you mentioned Dan:

I of couse shake the bottle as it is adviced to do so even on the bottle, my question is, I have a couple of bottles that when sitting on the shelf seem to develop a "white semi foamy" layer on top.  I know that isn't the best description but that's what it looks like.  If i shake this up well before pouring into the bottle/buckets should I be fine? 

Hey Dan.  I use 5-6 double softs for the wash and my process is pretty much spot on to what you just mentioned above.  I use a great white for trying, along with QD, and maybe an additional large, plush MF in the other hand to go back over those water streaks that drag along and get left behind.  Don't get me wrong now, it's not like I'm dragging an eraser across the surface or something, it's just not what I expected, LOL.  I also noticed that with a normal, soap bucket/mitt/water hose wash, I can easily dry my vehicles with one great white and maybe a couple touch ups here and there.  With a rinseless wash, not the case.  I go through an additional towel.  But, I attribute this to the product/wash left on the surface since you don't do any sheeting with a stream of water from the hose.

Overall, I think it's mostly just learning what works for me.  The cars are turning out great, the finish is fantastic when done, and the surface is completely slick when done.  I don't know if that's from the QD drying aide or the rinseless wash itself, but I'd guess it's the result of the combo of both.  I may try drying the rinseless with no QD next time just to see, but this overall not something I'm stressing or had bad results from.

Edited by galaxy

Hey Dan.  I use 5-6 double softs for the wash and my process is pretty much spot on to what you just mentioned above.  I use a great white for trying, along with QD, and maybe an additional large, plush MF in the other hand to go back over those water streaks that drag along and get left behind.  Don't get me wrong now, it's not like I'm dragging an eraser across the surface or something, it's just not what I expected, LOL.  I also noticed that with a normal, soap bucket/mitt/water hose wash, I can easily dry my vehicles with one great white and maybe a couple touch ups here and there.  With a rinseless wash, not the case.  I go through an additional towel.  But, I attribute this to the product/wash left on the surface since you don't do any sheeting with a stream of water from the hose.

Overall, I think it's mostly just learning what works for me.  The cars are turning out great, the finish is fantastic when done, and the surface is completely slick when done.  I don't know if that's from the QD drying aide or the rinseless wash itself, but I'd guess it's the result of the combo of both.  I may try drying the rinseless with no QD next time just to see, but this overall not something I'm stressing or had bad results from.

That might be part of your problem right there. Rinseless Wash doesn't need Detail Spray as a drying aid and isn't really intended to be used that way.

On your next Rinseless Wash, try just using the RW solution - clean and then dry one panel at a time. I start from the roof and work downward.

Same as any other 5 gal bucket...about 3/5 up from the bottom! Hahahahhaha; sorry, couldn't help it. There no markings on the bucket. First time I used a gallon jug and measured it. Now I just eyeball it each time. Just get it close once you know; doesn't have to be perfect.