Customer Service 866.965.0400

Truck bed covers

Laid GP

Question

I have two trucks and they have two different bed covers and I am trying to figure out what products work best on them. My older truck has a TonneauPro vinyl type "soft" bed cover and it needs cleaning and protection since the truck sits outside. My newer truck has a Bakflip G2 aluminum bed cover which has a textured finish on top. Any suggestions and/or first hand experience would be really appreciated!

9 answers to this question

I def agree on the Vinyl one def go at it with some VRT, Diluted should help with the overuse of the product that can cause runs. 

As for the Backflip, I have an F1 myself and have just washed it as normal and either hit it with H2O or Wash and Wax, whatever I am using at the time. I do take the time to VRT the rubber seals on it a couple times a year thou. 

VRT looks nice on the vinyl bed covers but it will run down the bed sides when it rains. I have tried all sorts of different ways to apply it and not have it run down the side of the truck but it always does, even after numerous wipe downs to remove excess. It looks nice but just be aware.

The Backflip. Wash it like any other part of the vehicle, seal it with HGG, maintain with detail spray. If you apply VRT to the backflip it will have nothing to soak in to.

Edited by Kingsford

I also have a Tonneau Pro on my truck, I am still using the product that came with it but on my older one that I had I used VRT straight and it ran when it rained. The stuf that tonneau pro gives you does not run. So I guess you have to dilute the VRT. I have not tried it yet but going to the next time I do my truck.

Edited by BluedogGMC

I also have a Tonneau Pro on my truck, I am still using the product that came with it but on my older one that I had I used VRT straight and it ran when it rained. The stuf that tonneau pro gives you does not run. So I guess you have to dilute the VRT. I have not tried it yet but going to the next time I do my truck.

Yeah, I used their cleaner but I wasn't all that sure that it had any protectant in it.

Yeah, I used their cleaner but I wasn't all that sure that it had any protectant in it.

The bottle says "Cleans, Shines and Protects" Has been working pretty good for me so far. I at first was wondering how good it was so I used Adams VRT but it ran so bad I did not use it again. Still have not tried it diluted.