Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Ceramic Coating Finished!

ericgavinroberts

Question

I just did a 2 stage paint correction and machine polish using all Adam's products followed by application of the new Ceramic Coating. I previously had applied CQuartz UK about a year ago and was very happy (been using Cquartz for about 4 years), but now that Adam's has a coating I thought I would give it a try!

I can't speak to any of the water repellent or longevity properties over CQuartz yet as I have literally had it on the car for less than 2 hours. But, I can speak to the application process. So far I am in love with new ceramic coating. The application process was so much easier and much less time consuming (there's no getting around putting in the prep time, though). Loved that there was an obvious flash, or rainbow effect to let you know it was time to wipe off. When it was time to wipe off, it was a much, much easier process.

I have very high hopes for this product! It's going to be a tall order to out perform CQuartz, but I'm hopeful it will do it!

My dog decided it was time for a sun bath also. I need to get him a red bandana...

post-13259-0-38864100-1487277534_thumb.jpg

post-13259-0-58106400-1487277536_thumb.jpg

post-13259-0-33870600-1487277538_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

Hi Eric, welcome to the forum! Thanks for the review! It's great to hear how you had a good experience with application and removal of the coating - I agree that it's a pretty easy application process once you get the hang of applying and removing it from a few small areas of the paint. 

That is a gorgeous Viper...the Viper in every iteration since '92 has always been one of my top favorite cars, so I'm a little jealous there :)

One quick question/observation: did you make sure to keep the car indoors for the 24 hour cure time? Looks like you're having beautiful weather there, but you want to avoid any type of moisture on the surface for 24 hours. Just don't ceramic coat the dog  :lol:

Thanks again and let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks guys! I've been using Adam's products for several years now and have used the forums, just never actually registered! One of the things that drew me to Adam's in the first place was the instructional videos and customer service that was more than willing to help out and answer any questions.

Dan, it was inside the garage for a couple of hours. I put it out in the sun today for a few hours hoping the sun would help the curing process, I don't have access to any IR lamps. Here in Texas it's sunny and 70's with no rain/moisture for the last couple of weeks. It's back in the garage now where is will stay for another couple days. I'll then apply the ceramic boost supplied in the kit, which I'm assuming is the same as the Reload spray by the CarPro guys.

I'll try to post back every couple of months to update everyone on the experience.

Edited by ericgavinroberts

Thanks guys! I've been using Adam's products for several years now and have used the forums, just never actually registered! One of the things that drew me to Adam's in the first place was the instructional videos and customer service that was more than willing to help out and answer any questions.

Dan, it was inside the garage for a couple of hours. I put it out in the sun today for a few hours hoping the sun would help the curing process, I don't have access to any IR lamps. Here in Texas it's sunny and 70's with no rain/moisture for the last couple of weeks. It's back in the garage now where is will stay for another couple days. I'll then apply the ceramic boost supplied in the kit, which I'm assuming is the same as the Reload spray by the CarPro guys.

I'll try to post back every couple of months to update everyone on the experience.

Ok sounds good! Our Ceramic Boost is similar in function to that competitor product, as a maintenance product for ceramic coatings, but it's our own unique formula to Adam's specifications. 

Woohoo! I'm at 2,000 posts  :cool: