Customer Service 866.965.0400

What is your rule if a towel is dropped on concrete?

hemi1300

Question

Have been a bit clumsy lately and dropped a microfiber towel on the garage floor a few times. Should I discard the towel or just shake it good and throw in the dirty pile? Tried h20 the other day with a microfiber sponge block and it worked great until I dropped it face first on the floor. Instantly went in the trash as it was wet and i'm sure picked up a bunch of dirt

21 answers to this question

At a bare minimum, even if there's no visible solid contaminants, I will refold it so that the side that touched the ground is completely folded to the inside. If I see or feel any contaminants, it goes straight to the dirty basket.

I live in the north east (read: lots of salt and sand on the roads in the winter!). Compare some of my rinseless towels immediately after use to a towel merely dropped on concrete kind of puts things in perspective!

A close inspection coupled with the normal, rigorous towel washing regimen works well for me.    

My garage is pretty well cared for and the floor is epoxy coated.  So it is really easy to clean and I do so -a lot-, like my friends tease me about it.  Anyway, I'll inspect a towel I drop on my garage floor and use it if I see nothing on it.  Now to be fair I inspect it closely, but still.  Anything I drop on the driveway is relegated to wheels or indoor cleaning.