Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pressure Waher Questions

galaxy

Question

So I found a washer im interested in, but had two questions I didn't see answered anywhere. It's a Snap-On electric washer (I want electric since my useage will be minimal, mainly only for cars anyways, and indoors) and I'm looking at two. One is 1650 psi and the other is 1750 psi, but both are 1.2 gpm. Questions are; what are the cons or downfall of having a washer with a sufficient minimum pressure but less than required flow? And two, is the extra 100 psi worth a $50 price premium.

Edited by galaxy

4 answers to this question

I have a sunjoe xp3000 electric pressure washer and I'm happy with my results. From what I have seen and read, a gas pressure will give you a more thick foam on the vehicle. This is because of the higher PSi. An electric one works just as well and makes good foam. I have a $20 snow lance foam cannon from amazon, it looks just like MTM foam cannons. I put an Adams sticker on the bottle and now I have my own Adams foam cannon. Plus follow the recommended soap to water mixing ration. I have a gallon jug of premixed soap and water. 26oz soap to rest water.

I'd pay the extra $50 for that 100psi because I will end up using it for other things. But I would say you will be alright. Even though the cannon has a minimum 1.3GPM I've seen great result with several 1.2GPM pressure washers. I've been doing some research on electric pressure washers. Right now I'm pretty set on the sunjoe spx3000 2030 psi and 1.76GPM  for around $150.

post-10998-0-12241800-1487685771_thumb.jpgHit your orange box store for a Ryobi 1600 psi power washer. Very small with great power and results. Sits on the ground so it wont tip over . Had mine for 3 years now with no issues and it get a lot of use. $119.00 !

Edited by 07stanggt