Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fell and Shouldn't Pick Up?

mathews31

Question

So today I finally got the chance to give my car a minor detail from a long winter, I washed it with Wash and Wax, while doing some half-hearted claying (because the car really didn't need it, and then I went on to use H20 Guard and Gloss, and then finally applied a layer of Americana. Now this brings me to the reason I started this thread. While using the H2O Guard and Gloss, I dropped my microfiber drying towel (older waffle weave blue one) on the floor, because I don't have many and don't want to use more than one towel with the H2O I picked it up brushed it off and flipped it and continued (I haven't paint corrected since I purchased the car and am planning on it, so no anger please). I finished drying the car and went on to waxing a while later. While I was using the Americana, the blue applicator fell towards the end of my application, at which point I was tired, picked it up, brushed it off and continued (again, please no comment, I know I shouldn't have done so). This thread is for anyone who has any questions about different tools and what to do when they are dropped. 

For now though I have my pad inside and have already washed the towel. How do I clean the pad?  :wacko:

8 answers to this question

If you were working on your driveway or a gravel road, then definitely don't pick it up and reuse it. But if you keep your garage fairly clean and swept or vacuumed, I wouldn't worry too much. Do  you have a pad brush?  Or a tooth brush?  Give it a good brushing, use APC to clean it and  then rinse heavily. You should be fine.  

If you were working on your driveway or a gravel road, then definitely don't pick it up and reuse it. But if you keep your garage fairly clean and swept or vacuumed, I wouldn't worry too much. Do  you have a pad brush?  Or a tooth brush?  Give it a good brushing, use APC to clean it and  then rinse heavily. You should be fine.  

Is that brush trick just for the applicator or also for the towel? I don't believe the towel still holds anything that was on the floor

A good hard shake or two should take care of the towel, followed by a wash in the washing machine.

Yeah after I picked it up I shook it and probably should have sent it straight to the dirty pile, but my MF collection isn't extensive enough for me to do so, Hopefully tomorrows deal will be extending my collection

Yeah after I picked it up I shook it and probably should have sent it straight to the dirty pile, but my MF collection isn't extensive enough for me to do so, Hopefully tomorrows deal will be extending my collection

A good and inexpensive way to extend your microfiber collection is to go in with a friend on the bulk purchase of the towels...the 12 pack of single soft is about $5.63 a towel vs $9.99 purchased separately...add in a discount and even better!