Customer Service 866.965.0400

Throwback Red Shampoo

jp2015

Question

That's correct ^^^^

We're going to be doing some server updates to hopefully resolve all of the site crashes from the last 2 weeks or so, and we want everything to be running smoothly before the sale launches - the sales usually bring in a significant increase in web traffic and we don't want to have a broken website and cause frustration.

The sale should hopefully be up Tuesday afternoon is the latest I've heard, and all of the new items should be made available for purchase at that time :)

Possibly a dumb question.  I use the Blue shampoo, I'm new to Adam's so I know nothing different.  

What is better about the Red?

We had a red cherry scented car shampoo for many years before the reformulated blue soap was released a few years ago.

A lot of customers loved the smell of the original Car Shampoo and have been asking for it to return. Some people claim it suds up better and so on, but the blue Car Shampoo was released because it had improvements in nearly every aspect - slickness, great suds especially in a Foam Gun or Foam Cannon setup, more concentrated, etc.

I will agree that I like the smell of the old red Car Shampoo better, but I have no issues with the blue Car Shampoo either  :)

I too came on board after the red shampoo was no longer available so I am looking forward to trying it out.  Dustin (Mariner) hooked me up with a bottle of it, which I hope to try this weekend, and granted that I like it as much as I think I will the sale being pushed back a week works perfectly that way I can stock up.  Any chance you guys will be doing any gallons of it Dan? Or just the 16oz bottles? 

I still have a gallon left, Does the blue work any better? I would maybe trade a quart of red for blue if someone was interested in it. I don't think I have any of the blue but will have to check. I might have got some in a mystery box and don't remember.

Edited by BluedogGMC

I still have a gallon left, Does the blue work any better? I would maybe trade a quart of red for blue if someone was interested in it. I don't think I have any of the blue but will have to check. I might have got some in a mystery box and don't remember.

If you want to trade let me know, I will take some off your hands for some of the blue. 

Edited by jakerodz7

See my reply a few posts above yours. Our current blue car shampoo does seem to foam up better in a foam gun or foam cannon using less soap per canister.

Yeah I saw the same thing on their live video on IG, I was just hoping they might be hiding the gallons lol. 

If the 16oz throwback bottles are well-received and sell quickly, that might be some good justification to offer it in gallons again, but I don't make those decisions so I can't promise anything at this time :)

See my reply a few posts above yours. Our current blue car shampoo does seem to foam up better in a foam gun or foam cannon using less soap per canister.

If the 16oz throwback bottles are well-received and sell quickly, that might be some good justification to offer it in gallons again, but I don't make those decisions so I can't promise anything at this time :)

I hope it does happen, or maybe you could offer gallons as part of a group sale.  I know some of us would for sure jump on that, myself included for at least a couple gallons. 

See my reply a few posts above yours. Our current blue car shampoo does seem to foam up better in a foam gun or foam cannon using less soap per canister.  :)

Oh boy, been using about 2oz for half of my foam cannon canister with the Red stuff. I guess I'll only need half an oz with the blue stuff  :D

OMG! I use the my Throw Back red shampoo yesterday for the first time - Blown away !!!

Crazy suds and I love, love, love the smell! So I jump on line to buy more - GONE. I have now used the blue, the wash and wax and the red. Red by far is my favorite - wish I would have known soon.

Gonna have to be greedy and save the rest just for my ride

OMG! I use the my Throw Back red shampoo yesterday for the first time - Blown away !!!

Crazy suds and I love, love, love the smell! So I jump on line to buy more - GONE. I have now used the blue, the wash and wax and the red. Red by far is my favorite - wish I would have known soon.

Gonna have to be greedy and save the rest just for my ride

That's odd, it is still showing available for me (10:07 EST) in both the 16oz and 1 gallon sizes.  Did it prevent you from checking out or was it listed as 'out of stock' and preventing you from adding it to your cart.