Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tyre & Rubber Cleaner smell

joelilton23

Question

Hey all,

Just interested to know if the T&RC has a certain smell to it, or is it like the wheel cleaner with a chemical type smell?

I have a bottle that just arrived and plan on using it when I get home, but I don't want to annoy my neighbour (who yells at me every time I use the Wheel Cleaner because it is such a strong smell)

Looking forward to seeing how well it works!

Cheers

10 answers to this question

Holy crap...how close is your neighbor that he can smell you cleaning your car? That's insane in both regards; the fact he can smell it and that he'd complain about it.

We are in a duplex that shares a large driveway and the garages are right next to each other. We both wash our cars out the front on the driveway, and his fence is close by that where they have their entertaining area.

He's an old man and his wife has given him the nickname 'grumps' because he complains about everything ????

Yep, Tire & Rubber Cleaner has a pleasant Citrus orange smell to it, nothing harsh at all in my opinion, so you should be fine.

Wheel Cleaner is without question our most potent smelling product with the Cherry Vanilla cough syrup scent. Sure it's not the most friendly smell, but if you smelled what it's really like before the chemists add the masking agent, you would understand why we have to put such a potent smell to it to hide that real nasty smell  :mellow:

Yep, Tire & Rubber Cleaner has a pleasant Citrus orange smell to it, nothing harsh at all in my opinion, so you should be fine.

Wheel Cleaner is without question our most potent smelling product with the Cherry Vanilla cough syrup scent. Sure it's not the most friendly smell, but if you smelled what it's really like before the chemists add the masking agent, you would understand why we have to put such a potent smell to it to hide that real nasty smell :mellow:

I got to try it out yesterday before it rained here - works like a charm and no overpowering smell at all! Another happy purchase!

Call me weird, but I don't actually mind the smell of the wheel cleaner.... especially considering how well it works! I know I'm probably the only one though ????

Is this product better than a regular APC.  My Jeep tires are brownish and I have tried P21S TAW, Optimum Power Clean and a cutrus degreaser?

I ordered it based on the video, and I sure hope it works.

Is this product better than a regular APC.  My Jeep tires are brownish and I have tried P21S TAW, Optimum Power Clean and a cutrus degreaser?

I ordered it based on the video, and I sure hope it works.

T&RC is much better than APC on tires. However, you may have to give it 3 or 4 rounds of spraying and scrubbing with soapy water before the bubbles start to turn white instead of brown... but seeing brown suds during the first couple rounds is oddly satisfying lol. But give it a chance and you'll be impressed.

Wheel Cleaner is without question our most potent smelling product with the Cherry Vanilla cough syrup scent. Sure it's not the most friendly smell, but if you smelled what it's really like before the chemists add the masking agent, you would understand why we have to put such a potent smell to it to hide that real nasty smell  :mellow:

Cherry Vanilla cough syrup scent??? That's the last thing I smell! Smells like my wife's hair after she gets a perm! Works great though so not complaining!