Customer Service 866.965.0400

LPS saves the day, Strip wash is stronger than you think!

Rb1274

So Sunday I did a full strip, clay and LPS. Tuesday my wife drove to Plam Springs about 200 miles round trip. I never realized how bad the rest of you guys must have it dealing with bug splatter. She got back and I did a wash today and her car wash trashed. The knats glued to the front were horrible. So Cal doesn't really have to many bugs, so when I saw that I could only imagine the crap the rest of the country deals with...

Anyway she said I tire tread flew up on the freeway and bounced off the hood. Sure enough there was a 3" long dark possibly scratched area on the hood. It was dull to the touch and wouldn't wash off. So I got out the Revive Polish and in a split second it was gone. I have to think that the LPS and Americana layer saved the day on that one.

Regarding Strip Wash, I always thought it was good but not super strong... After the strip wash on Sunday I put the bottle away in my Gladiator cabinet and didn't wipe the residual off the bottle. The shelves are painted hammered steal finish. Must have moved things around during the week because this weekend I was cleaning up and noticed several rings eaten into the paint on the shelf. I noticed then Strip Wash bottle had a white crusty film on the bottom where product had run down. Each spot it rested left permanent ring. Be careful an wipe up!!!

We deal with bug really bad in the summer. LPS is a must around here if you don't want bugs to etch in everywhere. You should see the etching from bugs on the cars I detail! It's absolutely crazy. I swear some people never wash bugs off!! It blows my mind lol

You are lucky that's all the damage the tire did! It's great news that it came off easily!

I've not used strip wash yet but I've always been curious on why it was in a different looking bottle. I figure it's so people don't get it confused somehow and strip all the wax off but it could be for other reasons.

We deal with bug really bad in the summer. LPS is a must around here if you don't want bugs to etch in everywhere. You should see the etching from bugs on the cars I detail! It's absolutely crazy. I swear some people never wash bugs off!! It blows my mind lol

You are lucky that's all the damage the tire did! It's great news that it came off easily!

I've not used strip wash yet but I've always been curious on why it was in a different looking bottle. I figure it's so people don't get it confused somehow and strip all the wax off but it could be for other reasons.

It needed a different bottle due to its pH. I don't remember exactly and can't find the source but I believe it is an alkaline wash solution with a pH around 8.

Edited by SumBeach35