Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car Shampoo is amazing

Just wanted to say WOW on the car shampoo. Very first time I have ever used it. Loved the suds and the smell. Washed the car out in the sunlight and not one issue except my hose kinking. Washed the entire car in about 15 minutes. Used the Adams bucket and grit guard as well.

Very impressed and will be buying more. Used the 

ADAM'S 10" CAR WASH PAD and it did the job but is there anything that is better ? Like the red wash mit ?

post-15444-0-43471000-1489880125_thumb.jpg

post-15444-0-34749900-1489880132_thumb.jpg

Billy,

You asked about the wash mitt. You will get a ton of opinions about what's better. I don't think you can go wrong with either option. Both are super soft and hold a lot of suds. The beautiful thing about the wash mitt is that it will release dirt and grime much easier than the wash pad. And it can be machine washed. I typically use multiple wash mitts per vehicle so I would recommend to pick one up to do mid section down on your washes. That should save your wash pad from getting built up with grime.

I'm a big fan of the Red Shampoo, not that the Blue is bad, just feel like I always got better suds out of the Red. Wash pad vs mitt is a big debate around here. I have never like wash mitts, so I've not used Adam's version, love the pads and the wash wedge, so I'm sure the mitt is excellent quality.

I tried it for the first time this weekend when I detailed two customer's cars.  I was pretty impressed.  I've not tried the blue (I will order it next time), so I can't compare the two, but I was impressed.  Here is a question for you guys.  How many car washes do you get out of a bottle? 

I still had some of the red shampoo from a gallon I bought right before they discontinued it for the blue. Always preferred the scent of the red. Used the blue as that was "new and improved" but didn't notice a difference from the red. So I'm incredibly happy the red is back, hopefully for a while!

I tried it for the first time this weekend when I detailed two customer's cars.  I was pretty impressed.  I've not tried the blue (I will order it next time), so I can't compare the two, but I was impressed.  Here is a question for you guys.  How many car washes do you get out of a bottle? 

I'm really heavy on soap and have enough to last a lifetime, so around 3-4 washes. I use separate heavy squirts in my regular bucket, and then my wheel bucket.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the red also, and I used it yesterday for the first time.  It was overcast and about 65-70 degrees out.  I washed quick and rinsed within 5minutes.  It dried all over my gorgeous black paint and wouldn't rinse off.  It wouldn't come off either when I towel dried, with detail spray.  I physically had to use A LOT of elbow grease on each section of my Tahoe while using almost half a bottle of detail spray to get the soap staining off.  At first I thought it may have been from VRT slinging (I just cleaned the wheels and tires on Friday and applied it, it is now all gone after driving thru the rain :eek: )  but since the staining was on the hood and windshield also, I know it was not the VRT sling.  Any suggestions?

Wash fewer panels before rinsing. 

Re-washing the vehicle with shampoo, fewer panels at a time, may of been an easier solution to removing the dried shampoo...sometimes the best removal approach is using more of the same.

Above advice works well. A few washes ago, I had one side get pretty dried out. I just went back over it with my sudsy mitt, rinsed, then sprayed with detail spray and dried it. No issues. Black paint

If it's hot and I'm stuck washing in the sun on a darker vehicle I'll usually foam the car again before rinsing. This reactivates any dried soap and helps to minimize any potential spots left over.

Another consideration is when was the last time you clayed the vehicle. Could be some contaminates causing the shampoo to stick.

Thanks sumbeach, LT1,and Maro.  I may have to clay, I've only done the the hood and tailgate, because its only 5 months old.  Re activating is new to me, so I could try that too.  I usually don't let it dry but watching Adam's video, I figured it wouldn't matter, plus not all of it dried, but anyways, I will be more careful next time,  shoulder still freakin hurts! :lolsmack:

Edited by Nickfire20

• 2 weeks later...

I have the red also, and I used it yesterday for the first time.  It was overcast and about 65-70 degrees out.  I washed quick and rinsed within 5minutes.  It dried all over my gorgeous black paint and wouldn't rinse off.  It wouldn't come off either when I towel dried, with detail spray.  I physically had to use A LOT of elbow grease on each section of my Tahoe while using almost half a bottle of detail spray to get the soap staining off.  At first I thought it may have been from VRT slinging (I just cleaned the wheels and tires on Friday and applied it, it is now all gone after driving thru the rain :eek: )  but since the staining was on the hood and windshield also, I know it was not the VRT sling.  Any suggestions?

Is this a red-specific issue? I've never seen this with blue, and I've used it plenty of times in full sun.