Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash Adam's Towels with "Big Box" Store Brands?

falcaineer

Question

I like to take care of my Adam's towels for obvious reasons, and I use MBR and liquid All Free & Clear for washes. I still have some big box store towels laying around, though, so can I wash them all together? Crazy question, but there's no danger of..."MF transfer"...is there?

P.S. Before anyone panics, I only use the box box store ones for non-paint work. ;) I don't have enough utility towels just yet.

What box box store are you talking about Chris, Costco, costco, Costco...there I did it now I'm in trouble oh well did you say Costco or did I? Lol anyways I wash all my towels together nobody's got time for that. The only time I separate towels are when I know they bleed (come check out t my hot pink Microfibers) or when they are heavily soiled. Yes I did

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=waEC-8GFTP4

I got bronchitis!

If you wash high grade towels with lessor towels you can pick up lint. I used to do this on occasion and noticed my good towels started leaving lint especially on the drying towel

I wash like-towels together (i.e. waffle weaves with waffle weaves, plush with plush, terrys with terrys). I don't discriminate brands but if one towel is really dirty I will wash it separate.

Hope this helps!

I have lots of towels, so I can wash large-ish loads.  I separate by use - Polish/wax/sealant/, wash/dry/glass/, then with work towels (including the big box towels) - this is usually 2 loads - interior 'good' towels & very dirty towels, so mine are not in the same load.

It takes me a while to save up a reasonable wash load of dirty towels, so most all microfibers get washed together (exceptions: 1) Towels used for H2O G&G. 2) First washing of colored towels.)

Towels that are notably dirtier than others are soaked and hand washed before being machine washed with the others. 

I have never used the Revitalizer, My towels seem to come out fine...  I kind of do what Michael does...

I have lots of towels, so I can wash large-ish loads.  I separate by use - Polish/wax/sealant/, wash/dry/glass/, then with work towels (including the big box towels) - this is usually 2 loads - interior 'good' towels & very dirty towels, so mine are not in the same load.

1. How can I tell if my towels are in need of revitalizing?

2. What happens to all of the excess wax in your washer? 

3. Is it noticeable when you use the MRB compared to not using it?

The reason I ask is I am being blamed for ruining washer!  I am getting brown slimy streaks on clothes.... might be from the sealant or wax towels?

I have never used the Revitalizer, My towels seem to come out fine...  I kind of do what Michael does...

1. How can I tell if my towels are in need of revitalizing?

2. What happens to all of the excess wax in your washer? 

3. Is it noticeable when you use the MRB compared to not using it?

The reason I ask is I am being blamed for ruining washer!  I am getting brown slimy streaks on clothes.... might be from the sealant or wax towels?

I run Tide Washing Machine Cleaner thru the machine when I finish my washing.  

I do the same thing as Ed. I've one cheapie microfiber towel... that I ONLY use around the house... It seems to be a lint magnet! I pre-soak severely soiled cloths in APC, use a non-scented "clear" liquid laundry soap, a few ounces of Adams Microfiber Revitalizer, and dry on a medium setting (with no fabric softener dryer sheets). Not sure if it matters but I've also got a water softener in my place. Most of the Adams towels come out like brand new. The cheap Chinese towels... Not so much, but that may be because I use them on really dirty jobs.

Like many posters, I will pre-wash heavily soiled then put them in together. My wife decides when a towel is "retired"; she owns the laundry room and all machinery and processes therein. She uses the revitalizer on my behalf; I just keep it stocked in the aforementioned laundry room. I have five clear plastic bins for towels/applicators. Okay for painted surfaces, not okay for painted surfaces, wax/polish only, rags, applicators. I only use foam applicators once then toss.

I use Costco MFs on door jambs, interior, inside kick panels, under the hood and trunk lid, inside the gas tank filler, etc. I also have a number of MFs I got in Korea when we lived there recently. If those guys didn't invent the MF towel they perfected it. In fact I think Adams sources some of their MF from Korea...good call. Don't make a special trip but if you are ever in Korea stop in to an E-mart - every imaginable type of MF all laid out in front of you. Didn't make up for everything else but it sure helped!

Sounds like that laundry room is a shrine...pictures to follow?

PS don't let Nathan here about your China made Microfibers lol

PSS sorry Nathan I had too!

Like many posters, I will pre-wash heavily soiled then put them in together. My wife decides when a towel is "retired"; she owns the laundry room and all machinery and processes therein. She uses the revitalizer on my behalf; I just keep it stocked in the aforementioned laundry room. I have five clear plastic bins for towels/applicators. Okay for painted surfaces, not okay for painted surfaces, wax/polish only, rags, applicators. I only use foam applicators once then toss.

I use Costco MFs on door jambs, interior, inside kick panels, under the hood and trunk lid, inside the gas tank filler, etc. I also have a number of MFs I got in Korea when we lived there recently. If those guys didn't invent the MF towel they perfected it. In fact I think Adams sources some of their MF from Korea...good call. Don't make a special trip but if you are ever in Korea stop in to an E-mart - every imaginable type of MF all laid out in front of you. Didn't make up for everything else but it sure helped!

Sounds like that laundry room is a shrine...pictures to follow?

PS don't let Nathan here about your China made Microfibers lol

PSS sorry Nathan I had too!

You know I love China microfibers! :lolsmack:

Korean microfiber is the best though! :2thumbs:

Btw Joe I really want some of that pasta you made for Chris...

May be some day when you and your parents come to cali, and after spending the day at Disneyland you and your parents could stop buy for a quick bite to eat... let me just warn you, it's addicting! That's one of my favorite dishes to make and eat.

You know I love China microfibers! :lolsmack:

Korean microfiber is the best though! :2thumbs:

Btw Joe I really want some of that pasta you made for Chris...

Edited by ocdrifter

May be some day when you and your parents come to cali, and after spending the day at Disneyland you and your parents could stop buy for a quick bite to eat... let me just warn you, it's addicting! That's one of my favorite dishes to make and eat.

Never been to Disneyland! Rather would go to Adams Polishes hq! Maybe you could start a restaurant there! :lol:

Haha I never go either, waste of money.

Never been to Disneyland! Rather would go to Adams Polishes hq! Maybe you could start a restaurant there! :lol:

Dont ruin the magic!! It's a special place!