Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic paint coating vs TBSS

FrozenWS6

Last week I buffed and coated my friends 08 TBSS. Took about 20 hours to complete the job with around 16 or so hours of correction. I spent 4 hours on the hood alone to get it back.

I strip washed, Clayed, 2 step w/ the new blue heavy cut compound on the hood and finished it with the orange correcting compound. Did 1 step orange correcting compound on the roof and sides. Then did the coating prep, coating, let it sit over night and boosted it the next morning.

This blue just pops and looks awesome now and the water runs right off when we washed it the first time.

Here are a couple before pics.

5822394E-89A9-4515-AFAB-4F81E3A1AD1F_zps

2027B826-4A63-4653-9869-48F52ADC6611_zps

After Buffed with the 2 step Heavy cut and finished with Correcting polish. Yes the white specks are from rock chips. Normal in Alaska if you drive anywhere.

CAF177ED-55D9-44F5-AF99-DCBDE9F9F49D_zps

986D6659-4194-4F53-A147-A0E40DF15367_zps

With coating in the sun.

AE514F3A-308D-448C-9C7E-0025A9E56B90_zps

8DD6C74A-0455-4B2C-8139-4A516A7672FE_zps

1DC16278-1341-47A2-BC28-816D10EA125B_zps

8A77C2E9-70C3-447B-80B3-E8BDC2FFDC72_zps

Edited by FrozenWS6

That is an outstanding turnaround on that SS, and makes me miss my old TBSS even more seeing those pictures! The clarity, depth, and metallic in that paint now is insane.

I always wanted a dark blue metallic TBSS, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the gloss black '08 when I bought it in '09. Love that color  :wub:

If I ever end up parting ways with the little ls1 frankenstein truck, I could easily see myself finding another TBSS for a winter vehicle again a few years from now, such a fun SUV.

Ninja edit :ph34r: : Nice license plate in that first picture!

Thanks guys. I didn't realize how much this color popped until I did this one.

That is an outstanding turnaround on that SS, and makes me miss my old TBSS even more seeing those pictures! The clarity, depth, and metallic in that paint now is insane.

I always wanted a dark blue metallic TBSS, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the gloss black '08 when I bought it in '09. Love that color :wub:

If I ever end up parting ways with the little ls1 frankenstein truck, I could easily see myself finding another TBSS for a winter vehicle again a few years from now, such a fun SUV.

Ninja edit :ph34r: : Nice license plate in that first picture!

Dan. These are fun trucks. I have an 07 silver TBSS and love it. Spent 2 years looking for a Red one, (looked up and down the west coast) Didn't find one, then found a local older couple that had a very low mile Silver one they bought new with exceptional service records and grabbed it up.

I had bought that plate and forgot I had it until I opened and moved into my shop. I try to put it on every car I take a picture of. But the later pics I took here I was rushing to take because he was on his way to pick it up and I had to have finished pics of this big job.

The trio. My silver, a black, and the blue one on the right.

992BB183-380C-4D7D-9F4D-0EC325D4B035_zps

As a dealer for Adams I wish you'd offer things like that to dealers first before they get sold out to the public. We dealers need some cool attention grabbing signage for our waiting rooms and sales displays. This is what I've done. I double stick taped the banner to my wall. But a metal sign would look even better.

3F0AED94-2EFE-4B4A-BDF2-B557841A577B_zps

Edited by FrozenWS6

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again guys.

Both the customer and I are still amazed at how well it turned out. I have been showing new potential customers these pics so they can see what their vehicle could look like with some extra love and paint protection.

I'm pretty sure that paint is even better looking now then when it was new sitting on the dealer's lot.

Wow awesome turn around on that one. That looks incredible. Only thing it needs is for the headlights to be restored!

Thanks.

He has new headlights he's going to be putting in so I didn't have to worry about them.

that looks amazing! here's mine and my little thing going on here in Denver, CO :D

maybe our next meet can be at Adams HQ

Thanks. Yours looks good too.

I leveled mine. If I didn't need all the ground clearance for all the places I've driven mine. I would have lowered it like yours.

One day I hope to make it to the headquarters and check it out.