Customer Service 866.965.0400

First Attempt Correcting

TroyButler

Question

Hello,

today I tried fixing up some paint on my girlfriends car with my new PC 7424xp. It was only my second time using it and I'm decently happy with the results, but I know the could be better. I used as mentioned m,y new PC, I had to use the stock pad it comes with because i was accidentally sent the 6" pad instead of the 5", and Adam's Correcting Polish. Firstly I started it with some waterless wash because it was just the top of the trunk, followed by a Clay Bar.

Before once cleaned:

post-15775-0-56699800-1490816941_thumb.jpg

post-15775-0-69198300-1490816943_thumb.jpg

Then the fun began experimenting with the Polisher. The first thing I noticed is there was a lot of deep scratches. Majority I could feel with my nail and knew I would be unsuccessful to get them out without wet sanding or repainting. Because I couldn't use my 5.5" orange pad or microfibre cutting padding, I could only use the Correcting Polish and the stock pad. Once my order arrived with the new stuff I need I'll probably try again but for now I am satisfied. All feedback is appreciated and welcomed!

After:

post-15775-0-56244200-1490817143_thumb.jpg

post-15775-0-57479300-1490817145_thumb.jpg

post-15775-0-84071600-1490817147_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

Hi Troy, looks like pretty impressive results there!

Did you contact us about the incorrect pad size? If not, please send us an email to orders@adamspolishes.com explaining the issue and we can get that taken care of for you as quickly as possible. Which backing plate do you have on your Porter Cable, and did you purchase it from us? Our 5.5" pads are designed to work with the yellow 5" backing plate.

A 6" pad should still work with your Porter Cable, but it will have more pad overhang over the backing plate. 

Hi Troy, looks like pretty impressive results there!

Did you contact us about the incorrect pad size? If not, please send us an email to orders@adamspolishes.com explaining the issue and we can get that taken care of for you as quickly as possible.

A 6" pad should still work with your Porter Cable, but it will have more pad overhang over the backing plate. 

Thanks!

It was sent from the Canadian Site and I got it sorted out, the issue was the 5.5" pads don't work with a 6" plate so I had to improvise.

Definitely got some good results there, congrats on that. Buttery wax is more for like a shine, if you want to protect I heat the paint sealant is a good way to go, and then for shine you can add Buttery Wax, Americana, Patriot, or any other wax you'd like