Customer Service 866.965.0400

Average Waterless Wash Consumption

jakerodz7

Question

Question for you forum cats,

How much waterless wash do you guys and gals use on average for a quick wipe down. Say after a day or 2 of light driving max. Car does sit outside 24/7.

Last time I did my tc I used 16 oz and could have used a couple more. Just curious as to if I am over doing it. Don't want to fly through waterless if I don't have to.

Thanks for the input!

Well I know you already know what I think hahaha but i'll share my usage for forum benefit. 

Last time I did a quick wipe down prior to claying and polishing, I used around 4 oz. But my car was hardly dirty... so I would assume that has a lot to do with consumption.

Well I know you already know what I think hahaha but i'll share my usage for forum benefit. 

Last time I did a quick wipe down prior to claying and polishing, I used around 4 oz. But my car was hardly dirty... so I would assume that has a lot to do with consumption.

Yessir, but I'm glad you shared brother. So far 4 oz is way less than I did. Thanks for the input!

As they say, your mileage may vary!  :)

Many times I have used 16 OZ +/- of Rinseless Wash diluted as waterless on my Suburban. It's a big SUV, and especially if the vehicle is approaching the limits of waterless/rinseless washing, I apply with a free hand. (This, after a good pre-rinse with a hose or pressure washer.) Rinseless/Waterless Wash is way cheaper than paint work!

Like Dustin, I'm at around 4 oz per waterless wash, too (Kia Optima). What kind of towels are you using? I wonder if that adds to the amount you're going through.

I only use about 3-4oz tops on my truck. I don't daily drive it and it is garage kept. I'll go a week or two before doing a waterless wash. If I did drive it every day and it was kept outside I'd still probably use the same amount.

As they say, your mileage may vary!  :)

Many times I have used 16 OZ +/- of Rinseless Wash diluted as waterless on my Suburban. It's a big SUV, and especially if the vehicle is approaching the limits of waterless/rinseless washing, I apply with a free hand. (This, after a good pre-rinse with a hose or pressure washer.) Rinseless/Waterless Wash is way cheaper than paint work!

Chris and Jesse, thanks for the input. I suppose that means I may be missing the mark then. Chris: to answer your question I am using single soft towels. I can't bring myself to use the ww towels even though I've gotten good reviews for them, including from Dustin.

Joel, yeah even when I am doing a full rinseless, I actually use about 32 oz as a presoak, for the same reason you stated at the end, plus the fact that I have 3 gallons of rinseless.

Thanks for your input guys. I'll keep testing and adjusting. But at the end of the day I would rather be safe than sorry.

I use rinseless 16:1 mix constantly.... if it's dirty like a week of driving, I'll use an entire 16oz bottle, but I have the gallon and I also keep a 16:1 gallon ready for refills. So with a gallon rinseless I can make 16 gallons of 16:1, and each of those gallons makes 8, 16oz refills...SOOO, who cares how much I use!!!! Buy the gallon.post-14986-0-50181000-1490846410_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rb1274

This is one reason why I probably won't convert to a WW user (for washing). The cost just doesn't justify it for me (I know others have no other choice). I do use it for door jambs and in case I missed a spot while washing. I also take some with me on trips to help loosen bugs.

I use rinseless 16:1 mix constantly.... if it's dirty like a week of driving, I'll use an entire 16oz bottle, but I have the gallon and I also keep a 16:1 gallon ready for refills. So with a gallon rinseless I can make 16 gallons of 16:1, and each of those gallons makes 8, 16oz refills...SOOO, who cares how much I use!!!! Buy the gallon.attachicon.gifIMG_0404.JPG

I go through a lot detailing and use the diluted rinse less wash.

Normally I can do around 3 sedans with 1 16 ounce bottle.

This is one reason why I probably won't convert to a WW user (for washing). The cost just doesn't justify it for me (I know others have no other choice). I do use it for door jambs and in case I missed a spot while washing. I also take some with me on trips to help loosen bugs.

Ryan, I have 3 or so gallons of rinseless which I use pretty liberally on my car as I mentioned above. I like your idea of having a 16:1 mix gallon ready to go. I was just hoping I could use the waterless as a back up. Thanks for your input though.

Nathan, see that makes sense, so I must be using too much.

Chris, I felt the same way til I got a gallon just for kicks, I want to stick to the Adam's waterless but if I don't get consumption down I may have to look for a concentrate elsewhere or stick to rinseless diluted.

I'm in the 4oz camp for knocking pollen and light dust off (corvette though so it is small).  The car is ceramic coated so that makes it easier to clean with waterless wash.  When I run out of this gallon I'm moving to Rinseless for the added flexibility and economy.

I'm in the 4oz camp for knocking pollen and light dust off (corvette though so it is small).  The car is ceramic coated so that makes it easier to clean with waterless wash.  When I run out of this gallon I'm moving to Rinseless for the added flexibility and economy.

Damn I guess I am really missing the mark then lol. Oh well, diluted rinseless it is then.

I use diluted Rinseless and it has been working out great!  Dilute it with distilled water. It practically made a bird bomb float off of my hood the other day, after soaking for just 20seconds, it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in the detailing word :)

Got stuck in a monsoon going to work today, drove home on dry roads. Performed diluted rinsless, and then detail spray on entire vehicle. Added VRT to tires and front bumper trim

Why did you do DS after WW? The slickness and shine?

Why did you do DS after WW? The slickness and shine?

Yes. Normally I wont do both, but with it sitting in the rain for a few hours, i felt i needed that extra pop. And to answer the original question, i prob used about 3-4 ounces of product and 3 towels for the cleaning portion. i did hit a little bit of wet road in the country and that kicked small tiny debris up directly behind the wheels, so i used the straight stream to blast that stuff off. Very small stuff though.

Edited by Nickfire20

Rather than starting my own topic, could someone explain the difference between waterless wash and rinseless wash? And what each could be used for. Thanks!

Rinseless wash is basically where you fill a bucket of water and add a couple ounces of rinseless wash and some towels. Then you grap a towel, fold in fourths, go across a panel

In straight lines, then buff the residue with a dry towel. This is for washing dirty cars without water, if the car has mud, spray it off first. I do this all winter for cars. WW is more like DS, it is for cars that don't need a RW but need a quick wash to get dust or road grime off. WW works by spraying some on a panel, then wiping in straight lines, then buffing the residue.

RW can be diluted 15 oz distilled water with 1 oz RW to make WW!

Thanks Nathan. Im assuming if i wanted waterless wash, it would be cheaper to buy a gallon of Rinesless and dilute it and make it last longer?

That way it will be a lot cheaper. But if you don't plan on doing very much rinseless washing and doing mostly WW, then you can get a 16 oz of RW, that will make 2 gallons worth of WW, for only $18 compared to $80 if you got 2 gallons of WW.

62$ is a pretty big difference for just diluting rinseless over purchasing waterless, especially if they are the same thing... :ph34r:

They aren't exactly the same. I forget the differences as I don't use Rinseless, but they are not identical formulas.

They aren't exactly the same. I forget the differences as I don't use Rinseless, but they are not identical formulas.

:iagree: I was corrected by Dan a while back for that.

And for what it's worth, the WW smells amazing...