Customer Service 866.965.0400

HELP!!!! White stuff on bottom of door trim

DwDrummer

Question

I decided to wash my Denali this afternoon since I haven't had time to clean it good in several months. There's some white stuff on the very bottom of my door trim and I can not get it off. I've tried wiping it with a damp microfiber cloth, clay bar, swirl remover on a microfiber with no luck. I'd like to get it off tonight since my truck is nice and clean besides the nasty white stuff lol! If anybody can help me out I would greatly appreciate it!:D I will be up for several hours tonight so post away!

Thanks,

DW

post-966-0-64241400-1491448386_thumb.jpg

post-966-0-31815900-1491448413_thumb.jpg

Edited by DwDrummer

14 answers to this question

Its harder water that accumulates in the gap between the trim and panel and eventually runs down to the bottom and down the paint. By the time is starts to run down the paint at the bottom, it dries up and the minerals leave behind the residue you see in the picture.

I had rubber door trim like this on my 2011 Chevy Colorado, it did the exact same thing. I removed the rubber trim and it gave the doors a much cleaner and smooth look.

Picture without the molding:

DSC_0963.jpg

Looks like some calcium build up, use some full strength white vinegar, spray it on with a spray bottle and let it soak you can rub it with a soft bristle tooth brush. I remember answering this same scenario before, maybe it's just my imagination.