Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car Shampoo

Raycruz42

Question

End of last year, before it got cold, I bought Car Shampoo to try, I loved it. I tested the allowing it to dry and washing off with no issue.

Today, I live in Northern Ohio, its maybe 55ish, 10am. I was my wife's van. It is silver, has a coat of wax on it.

I wash the entire thing, go to rinse it, and notice the soap is dried on. I think no issue here. As I am rinsing, I take my time, maybe an entire song on Pandora plays.

I get to drying it, and my white drying towel is turning grey.

Moving forward. By the time I get to the last panel, the rear tail, I can see that the soap is still dried on, in a foot streak.

I used the same amount of product as usual, I used the same nozzle, which is not a fire hose style, but the same one I used last year.

Any input on what occurred this time? It is not even a warm summer day, not that great of warmth from the sun itself.

P.S., it was like this around the entire van. I'll admit, I had washed it about a month ago, when it was a nice day, for a day, and used cheaper soap, because I was not going for a thorough cleaning, and did not want to waste my Adams car wash. But I had no issue with it.

12 answers to this question

Only thing that I can think of would be you forgot to wash that section. I would also try using detail spray as a drying aid, so after you rinse spray detail spray all over the whole car then start drying.

I haven't every had any problem with their car shampoo so I'm guessing you just forgot to scrub that section, because we all miss something.

I could be a number of things. Could be the cool temperature, could be that whatever was supposed to be wax on her car isn't really wax and it could be that the Adam's soap is having a chemical reaction to it.  Hard to say. But using Detail Spray as a drying agent is always a good idea.  If you have Guard and Gloss, and since it's already wet, try that as well and see what happens.

Water quality can affect how the Car Shampoo residue rinses off, both when still wet and when the shampoo residue has dried.

I would suggest testing the water at your new location to see if it is hard. You can get an inexpensive TDS meter from Amazon:

HM Digital TDS-4 Pocket Size TDS Tester Meter with 0-9990 ppm Measurement Range , 1 ppm Resolution, +/- 2% Readout Accuracy https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002T6L5M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_AHs6yb5J85F9D

The gray residue may have been dirt that was in the shampoo residue. This is a good reason to figure out why the residue is not rinsing, since you could be rubbing dirt on your paint as you are trying to remove the residue when drying with the towel.

Responding back.

Part of me thought it could be the could water and weather, along with the strong sun-rays .

I wanted to see if any of you thought it could be because of the pressure from the water nozzle, as I have been meaning to buy a fireman style nozzle for awhile.

Just to state, for further pondering.

I hand wax it with a paste.

Along with, I washed every section, had good foam, and it seems as though the dirt was suspended in the soap, the soap dried, but did not wash off.  As, to why my drying towel ended up a grey dirt color. Almost as if the heavier dirt rinsed off but not the lighter dirt.

Which I have allowed it to dry on, on purpose last year as a test. So I was more-so curious if anyone had a thought on if it was just the mixture of weather, or possible needing greater water pressure.

Secondary,

Does the Guard and Gloss work that well. I have used a number of Adam's products, enjoyed all but the tire shine. The H2O just seems to easy and good to be true. Opinion?

HGG is great because, unlike a traditional wax or sealant, it adds protection to all the exterior surfaces (except the tires). Protection for the paint, glass, plastic and rubber trim, wheels, and any vinyl graphics.

And the gloss added to the paint is amazing!

Secondary,

Does the Guard and Gloss work that well. I have used a number of Adam's products, enjoyed all but the tire shine. The H2O just seems to easy and good to be true. Opinion?

HGG is not too good to be true. It's true to be that good! And Adam's backs up everything with 110% guarantee, if it's not your thing. Buy it. You won't regret it.

Before rinsing try quickly re wetting the whole vehicle with your leftover soapy water and then rinse.This seems to "reactivate" the soap and make it rinse easier,

Yes H2o g&g is that good!

Good idea. I'll try that

Also, I'm glad to hear you all say that about h2o. I'm about to get a new truck, and the grill and other areas have had me wondering how to protect them, without spending an hour waxing/sealing a grill and such.