Photo
- - - - -

New blue wheel cleaner not as good as the old pink stuff?

wheel cleaner blue pink

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bansheeboy11

Bansheeboy11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

So like most everyone else on here, ive had to switch to the new blue wheel cleaner. I had a lot of the pink gallons so i used those up and switched to blue towards the end of last year, since doing so my wheels have now been developing deposits of brake dust inside the barrels from rotor evacuation and in the corners of the spokes from rotation. Granted i run aggressive pads on track that dust heavily, ive never had this issue with the pink stuff and now i cant get it off of the wheels. Ive let it soak in the corners and gone at it with brushes, tooth brushes etc. 

The before picture is average dust coverage, the after picture is after a full cleaning with scrubbing in the corners and barrels.

Any ideas?

Before:

qQ14ydV.jpg?1

After:

z7gX8Qp.jpg?1

#2 Nathan

Nathan

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

I started detailing after the blue wheel cleaner was released. I don't know which one works better but I heard that using the turbo stick helps in those spots.
  • mathews31 likes this

#3 LT1xL82

LT1xL82

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

The Turbo Stick sounds like a good idea. Maybe also try a pressure washer.

#4 mathews31

mathews31

Master AF Detailer

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:19 PM

I've had good results but just like Nathan that's the only wheel cleaner I used...I did notice a little dust stuck in the corners but I just attributed that to my poor wheel cleaning skills :blink:

2010 Dodge Charger SXT

Thank God for every breath

#5 Rich

Rich

Detailing Addict

• Moderators
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:22 PM

I like it.  I get good results with the Wheel Woolie and the blue, and the red wheel brush.  I really didn't notice any difference between the red and blue. 

forum_header-2012-Aug24_zps2d62d38b.jpg
2013 427 60th ANNIVERSARY EDITION CORVETTE :
2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe

#6 vobro

vobro

Hemi Whore

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:33 PM

Those are some nasty rims, sometimes more than 1 application is needed to get that baked in buildup removed. Instead of wasting more product just apply where needed, I've even used a wet mf towel or q tip soaked in Wheel Cleaner and just let it dwell. IMHO the red Wheel Cleaner seemed to work faster and the new blue Wheel Cleaner seems to have more dwell time before drying, I've not really seen a difference in cleaving ability

#7 Last_cast

Last_cast

Skilled Detailer

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:08 AM

I've used other brands and i haven't been happy. Looking forward to trying this out soon. Next purchase for sure.

#8 SS LeadFoot

SS LeadFoot

New AF Detailer

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:06 PM

I like the blue one better.The pink one smelled horrible and it always stained my tires. The pink one was a deep wheel cleaner so maybe it was a little stronger. I use the wheel woolie and the turbo stick and they work well.  Might want to try the wheel brush.

2002 Camaro SS Little bit of this little bit of that and lots of polish

1998 Grand Prix GTX just lots of polish

#9 funkymonkey1111

funkymonkey1111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:59 AM

if this is any indication of the strength, you had to dilute the pink wheel cleaner 1:1 to use it as a decontaminator.  you can use the blue at full strength

i love adam's stuff, but sometimes (like the shampoo) a product "evolution" is not always better

#10 b_pappy

b_pappy

Authorized Dealer

• Authorized Dealer
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:30 AM

I like the new blue too, but a Detailer who buys through me swears the old pink death worked better.

Bruce4Adams on Instagram

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wheel, cleaner, blue, pink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users