Customer Service 866.965.0400

"Hand Waxing"

mathews31

Question

19 answers to this question

That's a problem because I tend to get dry hands, but not to sounds inappropriate but it seems like you'd be a lot more intimate with the car by doing that, almost like getting to really know your car, all the dings, and everything

I've seen some sonit with gloves and some without. A Detailer local to me said something that really stuck with me. "If it's on ya, it's in you." So I always wear gloves when detailing. No need for extra chemicals getting on my hands and into my system. I'll just use an applicator.

I was watching a video on YT where the detailer used his bare hands to work the wax onto the car...anyone ever try this? I think I might enjoy that more than using the applicator...

I've heard of this but I feel it takes too long to wax the car, and that you would not get super even coverage, plus if you don't wear gloves your hands would get nasty!

I've seen some sonit with gloves and some without. A Detailer local to me said something that really stuck with me. "If it's on ya, it's in you." So I always wear gloves when detailing. No need for extra chemicals getting on my hands and into my system. I'll just use an applicator.

Then my life clock is ticking faster than some... geez I've used everything from diesel to brakeclean to wash my hands before at work lol

Lol I doubt that the penetration of these liquids is that intense. Thanks to God ,skin is hard to get through (except when she dumps you :lol: ), so I'm okay with a little life acceleration. I like fast cars, why not?

On the gloves note I think that just adds an extra risky factor that can increase risk of swirls and scratched.

Edited by mathews31

I've heard of this but I feel it takes too long to wax the car, and that you would not get super even coverage, plus if you don't wear gloves your hands would get nasty!

I don't know if the hands would get nasty, but TBH I can definitely see it taking a long time, but I just can't get used to the applicator, for some reason it's never uniform with me

I don't know if the hands would get nasty, but TBH I can definitely see it taking a long time, but I just can't get used to the applicator, for some reason it's never uniform with me

Get a swirl killer mini with some waxing pads, super even coverage and way faster to apply

I've done it with bare hands. I was using a wax that is over $1,600 for an eight ounce tub because that is what they recommend (it uses your body heat to warm and melt the wax). I was able to get a thin coat with even coverage.

That said, I only did that the one time for the experience.

I've done it with bare hands. I was using a wax that is over $1,600 for an eight ounce tub because that is what they recommend (it uses your body heat to warm and melt the wax). I was able to get a thin coat with even coverage.

I think for a one time trial it would be pretty cool, yeah the guy I saw in the video was using what they said was a $6,000 wax

Not exactly the most monetary cautious decision, Godwillingly I plan on getting one soon, but I'm saving up a little

Have you tried the hex grip applicators? They are one of my favorite products!

You should definitely save up and get the swirl killer, don't get the porter cable or something, get a nice one because it will speed things up and make it a lot more enjoyable experience.

I haven't tried the hex applicator but maybe I will. The one it comes with isn't bad just not the most enjoyable feeling thing to do.

Just like Jake that's all I use anymore because it's so nice, it's a whole new experience, you won't drop the applicator, and your hands won't be cramped up.

$1,600 for 8 ounces, that must have been some super wax, or one heck of a marketing scheme.

$1,600 for 8 ounces, that must have been some super wax, or one heck of a marketing scheme.

Both. Great wax, maybe even a smidge better than patriot, but not at that cost. Thankfully, I didn't pay for it.