Customer Service 866.965.0400

Air Force Blaster?

Chadley

Question

Has anyone used the Air Force blaster? I'm thinking for the price it would make sense for the few vehicles I take of.

Will use it primarily on interiors and the outer nooks and crannies so the warm air really needed or just an upgrade?

Your thoughts please!

13 answers to this question

I have a sidekick blaster and a master blaster revolution.  I wouldn't trade either one of them for anything.  They're great tools.  I use the sidekick for a quick touch up or to blow out interiors.  I use the master blaster to dry cars.  If a car is really filthy inside, the I'll use the bigger blower there too.  But those situations are rare.

I'd rate the MBR and Sidekick among some of my favorite tools to use and I have zero regrets about their purchase.

I have a sidekick blaster and a master blaster revolution.  I wouldn't trade either one of them for anything.  They're great tools.  I use the sidekick for a quick touch up or to blow out interiors.  I use the master blaster to dry cars.  If a car is really filthy inside, the I'll use the bigger blower there too.  But those situations are rare.

I'd rate the MBR and Sidekick among some of my favorite tools to use and I have zero regrets about their purchase.

How much better is the master blaster revolution at drying cars than the sidekick?

Correct,the blaster is rated at 4 hp.The master blaster has 2 4 hp. motors that can be switched on individually.With both on it's a beast.I can easily dry my Extended cab Silverado without touching it with a towel.

Edited by 1911A1

How much better is the master blaster revolution at drying cars than the sidekick?

You really can't compare the two. The MBR is significantly more powerful than a handheld blower. With two independent 4HP motors, it moves a ton of air. The volume of air moved by the two is significantly different. I love my sidekick and it's what got me into the blowers. But for drying a vehicle in a timely manner, it doesn't get it done. It's great for blowing out trim and I use it on every interior.

Different tools with different purposes. For me, the only thing they have in common is that they move air.

The Air Force Blaster only has 1 4HP motor and sales for $250 - It doesn't say it has heated air , not sure how important this would be.

https://www.metrovacworld.com/product/Air_Force_Blaster_Car_and_Motorcycle_Dryer/overview

Try this link, it says the blaster should have warm air as well. I have both the Sidekick and the Master Blaster revolution, great machines and 4 HP is definitely no slouch. I use the single speed on my revolution all the time.

Edited by blcksilv08

Has anyone used the Air Force blaster? I'm thinking for the price it would make sense for the few vehicles I take of.

Will use it primarily on interiors and the outer nooks and crannies so the warm air really needed or just an upgrade?

Your thoughts please!

It would be sufficient for the majority of forum members who don't detail cars for a living. No worries either about having 20 amp circuits due to the 8 HP dual motors of the Master Blaster. With the added accessories included on the Adam's version, it is quite the bargain at the price. Mount it on a wall, and you have 30' of hose to use to move around the vehicle you may be working on.

Another difference is the Master Blaster is mounted on wheels, and this one isn't so that may influence your choice as well. 

https://www.metrovacworld.com/product/Air_Force_Blaster_Car_and_Motorcycle_Dryer/overview

Try this link, it says the blaster should have warm air as well. I have both the Sidekick and the Master Blaster revolution, great machines and 4 HP is definitely no slouch. I use the single speed on my revolution all the time.

:bow: Thank you! This is what I was missing. So now I just have to wait till the next sale to buy it. I just placed an order yesterday.

i got the master blaster in the last round of mystery boxes.......didnt think i would use,,,,but wall mounted it, the hose is 30ft.....washed my black on black 911 carrera easter sunday....used master blaster to dry and was EPIC....the amount of air it throws is nuts....if you don't clamp the hose tight to the bottom it blows off!!! its that powerful....i think its a must for any black vehicle....

i also have the handheld one that used last night to clean my mothers boxster.....good on her wheels and mirror and such but def not good to dry entire car

i got the master blaster in the last round of mystery boxes.......didnt think i would use,,,,but wall mounted it, the hose is 30ft.....washed my black on black 911 carrera easter sunday....used master blaster to dry and was EPIC....the amount of air it throws is nuts....if you don't clamp the hose tight to the bottom it blows off!!! its that powerful....i think its a must for any black vehicle....

i also have the handheld one that used last night to clean my mothers boxster.....good on her wheels and mirror and such but def not good to dry entire car

What a minute! Did I just read that you got a master blaster in a mystery box?? I have got to up my game lol