Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirl Killer Mini- how much coverage area?

scoe141

Question

I plan on fixing up a few areas of my car (Subaru).  The front bumper is all ate up and I will also need to polish the top and trunk area.  

While reading up on the SKM, I noticed that it isn't meant to be used on large areas.  I do have a DA polisher that I'll be able to use on the rest of the car. 

My question is, will it hurt the machine if I used it to polish/correct the front bumper; and around the trunk area?  

I read that keeping it on setting 4 will prevent overheating the backing plate. Just want to make sure that I can use it for those purposes.  

Thanks for any help. 

9 answers to this question

It won't hurt the machine at all.  It just won't polish a large area as efficiently as a bigger machine.  Small machine for a small area. 

Thanks Shane!  Just wanted to make sure. 

I want to add that you can correct on speed 4, but I would go up to speed 5 or 6 especially if you want to go faster.

You can correct on speed 4, but I mostly use it for applying a sealant or wax.

Edited by Nathan

My main polisher is a Flex DA.  I usually set it on 5-6 when using correcting polish.  When I'm applying a wax or sealant I drop it down to 3.

I wasn't sure how that would be translated to the SKM.  I'll be using it primarily on my front bumper (Subaru) and also around the trunk where the Flex can't reach.    

My main polisher is a Flex DA. I usually set it on 5-6 when using correcting polish. When I'm applying a wax or sealant I drop it down to 3.

I wasn't sure how that would be translated to the SKM. I'll be using it primarily on my front bumper (Subaru) and also around the trunk where the Flex can't reach.

For correction with the Swirlkiller Mini I find speed 4-5 to be a good spot for me.

For correction with the Swirlkiller Mini I find speed 4-5 to be a good spot for me.

^^^^^ Same here.

Speed 3-4 with the Mini gives me great results at removing Swirl Marks in most cases. If you bump it to speed 5-6, work in short bursts and allow the machine time to cool. If you run it for too long at speed 5 or 6 without cool down periods, you can melt the hook and loop on the backing plate, and then you will have to purchase a replacement backing plate.