Customer Service 866.965.0400

LPS, Glaze, Americana impressions.

So I just decided to re detail my car for the spring. I haven't done a full clay bar and detail since late June of 2016. Then, I applied LOS. A week or so later Buttery wax was applied. Since then up until this past week, I used detail spray every wash, h20 GG a month or so. The protection and shine has been phenomenal since, constant tight beading.

After doing this detail earlier this week, I was decent impressed with the LPS,Glaze, Americana as far as shine goes. I did the clay bar and LPS in the afternoon. Then later that evening I applied the glazed followed by American. Two days later we got some rain fall. The beading was very loose, and the water pooled; barely beading or sheeting off. The protection seemed far superior for the past 9 months or so on my previous detail than this new one with " better protection" applied. Has this happened to anyone with this LPS, Glaze, Americana combo?

Edited by JDrach

GG is a synthetic vs Americana is paste.. they will give two different results. GG will give more water repellent and Americana will give more shine with the trade off of less beading. 

I use the LPS glaze Americana combo and would rather have shine. 

I honestly couldn't see a huge difference difference after I was done. There was some depth and slight clarity, but couldn't get a good look during the day for the next morning it was covered in pollen. Maybe that's the effect I'm seeing, is the past wax doesn't provide the beeding and protection in use to. I guess I'll have to buy GG. Hopefully LPS>Glaze>Americana then topping it off with GG every month along with detail spray every wash that doesn't include the GG isn't overkill.

Medium gulf blue. It was in question if the pollen build up was the cause. Im just afraid some how the combination of products, being applied 4 hours apart was the reasoning before the lack of beading after rain fall. Obviously want my car to be protected, but I really wanted to add a glaze and Americana to this year's detail. While maintaining the hydrophobic effects. This picture was taken weeks prior to this new detail

post-13761-0-70000600-1493328911_thumb.jpg

I like that blue! Maybe the 4 hour timeframe was an issue, doubt it though. Why not lay down a fresh coat after your next wash? That's the reason I just go with the LPS followed by G&G on a monthly basis, simple and proven. Hard to tell from the first pic but there's some good,clear reflection there already!

Edited by vobro

Even after I washed the hood and rinsed it in the above picture? Tomorrow should be clear of rain, although days following are nothing but rain. Maybe I'll give it a wash and detail spray tomorrow and see how it is. I'm just stumped at this point. Definitely not use to seeing this effect.

• 4 weeks later...

I may be missing something fellas, but it was my impression from the product videos and elsewhere in the forums that the sealants with G&G is a replacement for the waxes, and appropriate for daily drivers. The waxes are optimized for show cars or weekend drivers. For both my wife's Mercedes and my Ram DDs, I strip wash, clay, use a hand polish if necessary, brilliant glaze, LPS, and G&G with a re-app of G&G every 3-4 washes depending on beading. I do this more often for my wife's car because she always parks inside and my truck is outside more.

I was a buttery wax guy before that just because of ease of application. My buddy used Americana on his 'vette. Took more time but he liked the results.