Customer Service 866.965.0400

Whats your favorite Adams tool to use on your ride?

Southern Car Parts

Question

21 answers to this question

Side kick seems cool but not 80 bucks cool. Most of us have an air compressor in the garage, whats the big advantage to the sidekick?

I know it has a heating element but does that really make all the difference?

Side kick seems cool but not 80 bucks cool. Most of us have an air compressor in the garage, whats the big advantage to the sidekick?

One plus over the air compressor is no chance of oil coming out of the nozzle.  It can be used with hoses for drying or blowing other things (the driveway, the dog, etc.).  It is not really a heating element, the filtered air is warmed as it passes thru the motor/body and out the nozzle.

Chalk me up as one of the few without an air compressor, then.

Sidekick puts out filtered, heated air, with a super strong 1.3hp motor. Heated air dries faster than cooler air...it's physics. Think of the similar concept for clothes dryers - ever have a heating element go out? Simply put, the dryer doesn't work.

Small, easy to use, light weight, powerful, rubberized nozels, etc...a lot to like.

Add in the current 15% off sale, or even the on-going 10% forum discount, and it's a pretty great deal, in my opinion.

Great tool, not loud. Fast and easy to use no hoses, no tank drain, love it!

Great tool, not loud. Fast and easy to use no hoses, no tank drain, love it!

Not to mention that it is easy to get out and easy to transport! It even has any rubber tip, so if you bump the car, you're fine!

By the way, thanks to everyone that recommend the water sheeting technique, it really saved me a lot of time!!

Edited by Nathan