Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint sealant application

Olgrey93

Question

I have some paint sealant on the way and I forgot to order pads for my swirl killer. Although I do have some microfiber pads and a buttery wax applicators. I love the hex grip. Could I use it for paint sealant or should I stick with the microfiber

9 answers to this question

The MF applicator pads are made to use with the PS since all that's needed is an even, thin layer - I'd recommend those between the two choices. Although I'd think since the yellow is soft, it'll work, too.

The yellow hex grip will work just fine. I'm pretty sure the red and yellow are the same foam but just a different color.

I've also heard the red and yellow basically being the same.

​Either the microfiber applicator or the foam hand held applicators will work.

The foam version may allow you to clean it easier once completed than the microfiber version would though, being the main difference I see using them. 

The MF applicator pads are made to use with the PS since all that's needed is an even, thin layer - I'd recommend those between the two choices. Although I'd think since the yellow is soft, it'll work, too.

I've also heard the red and yellow basically being the same.

The yellow hex grip will work just fine. I'm pretty sure the red and yellow are the same foam but just a different color.

The yellow and the red hex grip applicators are the same thing. Both will work for applying a sealant, glaze, or wax. The microfiber applicators will work too but I prefer the hex grip. Edited by Nathan

Thanks folks! As not to start another thread on sealant I have another question. My wife,kids and I are going on vacation this summer to gulf shores Alabama(9 1/2 hr drive) and I want to protect the car as best as possible without doing a coating because I don't have a garage to do it in. So I was thinking paint sealant(2 layers?) topped with Americana as well as glass sealant all the way around. Would that protect it well enough and aid to getting all the bugs off when we get home

Thanks folks! As not to start another thread on sealant I have another question. My wife,kids and I are going on vacation this summer to gulf shores Alabama(9 1/2 hr drive) and I want to protect the car as best as possible without doing a coating because I don't have a garage to do it in. So I was thinking paint sealant(2 layers?) topped with Americana as well as glass sealant all the way around. Would that protect it well enough and aid to getting all the bugs off when we get home

Two coats of Paint Sealant aren't necessary. You'd be in good shape with Paint Sealant and Americana, but especially with the Glass Sealant.

Also for when you do get back, Rinseless diluted 16:1 works wonders as a presoak for bug guts.

:iagree:

As if on queue, I was just looking at family pics earlier today and saw some of a vacation to Gulf Shores. Orange Beach was one of our favorite places to go when we were staioned in AL. Hidden gem.