Customer Service 866.965.0400

Heavy correcting polish issue

2012srt8

Question

I tried the heavy correcting polish for the first time today with the microfiber pad and it seemed to burn the clear very easily. I wasn't even going slow either. I went over it with the orange polish and a foam and then the white and it cleared up the problem. Anyone else have this issue?

Those pads aren't meant to cut quick and easy, so I'm going to say that you need to pay attention when using this pad and polish combo so you avoid damage beyond the area you are trying to corroect.

By the way what machine were you using?

I tried the heavy correcting polish for the first time today with the microfiber pad and it seemed to burn the clear very easily. I wasn't even going slow either. I went over it with the orange polish and a foam and then the white and it cleared up the problem. Anyone else have this issue?

I didn't get any pics of it but maybe I didn't burn it? I was able to fix it though. I was using the swirl killer then I used the flex to fix the issue

I'd say if it was fixed with another machine or more buffing then it was likely you just had some hazing after the heavy compound.

This was after the orange and white polish. It's a 2010 camaro ss. It has 20,000 miles on it and summer driven only. But does have lots swirls and scratches. Should I even bother with the heavy compound?

post-11677-0-95230200-1494733400_thumb.jpg

This was after the orange and white polish. It's a 2010 camaro ss. It has 20,000 miles on it and summer driven only. But does have lots swirls and scratches. Should I even bother with the heavy compound?

Do a test spot and see what it takes to remove defects that are present. Use the least aggressive method first.

Edited by SumBeach35

I used 4 dots and 1 spray of detail spray. I spread the the product the used the pad brush and worked it in. I went faster then normal cause I didn't know what to expect from it. I'll try it again next weekend. Maybe use the blue foam instead. I'm just afraid of ruining the clear since it's not my car

The blue foam is less aggressive that the MF pad, at least that's what I've found in my experience. So maybe try that. The correction polish and orange pad will remove a lot of defects too though. So maybe try that orange pad and correction polish first.

If I can do it all with the orange and white I'll try that. I didn't realize if you used the blue it had to be followed up by orange anyways. Not sure I feel like doing 3 steps lol

You may not have to do 3 steps. Following the heavy compound with the correction polish may be all you need. The correction polish finishes down really really good, almost perfect 99% off the time for me anyway.

I have both new and old but kinda wanna use the old up first. Is their a big difference?

I can't speak for the new Finishing polish because I haven't used it. But the new Correction polish is leaps and bounds better than the old. It has a much longer working time, zero dust and wipes off effortlessly. If you have the old might as well use it though.

I tried the new stuff and I still got quite a bit of dusting.

May have used too much or too little polish. Or maybe worked it too long. It didn't dust on me any and I used it outside in about 80ish degree humid conditions.

I've found that the majority of cars can be polished out well enough for a large number of people with correcting polish and finishing polish.  I can only think of one or two cars that I've even considered using heavy compound on the entire car.  On most vehicles I come across a spot or to that I'll break out the compound for.  I find it more of a spot correction than a complete vehicle correction product.  It's definitely one that you should follow up with another polish to really finish it down nicely. 

I used 4 dots and 1 spray of detail spray. I spread the the product the used the pad brush and worked it in. I went faster then normal cause I didn't know what to expect from it. I'll try it again next weekend. Maybe use the blue foam instead. I'm just afraid of ruining the clear since it's not my car

I suggest you use enough product to "prime" the pad so the polish is worked into every millimeter of the pad. This ensures maximum coverage of the product and maximum efficiency because every bit of the pad is working the polish against the paint.

The dot method of applying polish is okay, but you'll get results faster by priming the entire pad.