Customer Service 866.965.0400

Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hood

Steve_S

Question

Hello Experts, I just purchased a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and it has a matte finish on the hood. I've never dealt with something like this before and wanted to ask you all what I need to be careful with etc while detailing and washing? Can I H20 G&G over it? Apply sealant over it? Buff it? Anything special I need to do? Thank you in advance.

post-13734-0-47331200-1494769794_thumb.jpg

8 answers to this question

Anyone can correct me in this. But you can use glaze and vrt. Don't apply any paint sealant or wax and you can't buff them. You can wash them like you would normally do and I'm pretty sure H20 guard and gloss is just fine for it. Detail spray is fine. If I were you I'd use vrt for them.

Do not seal or wax it. I can't remember but I think H20 G&G is ok, someone else will clarify. Revive hand polish works nice to get the stripes looking good, and then VRT makes it look good and protects it. :thumbsup:

Anyone can correct me in this. But you can use glaze and vrt. Don't apply any paint sealant or wax and you can't buff them. You can wash them like you would normally do and I'm pretty sure H20 guard and gloss is just fine for it. Detail spray is fine. If I were you I'd use vrt for them.

Thanks for the replies so far. Sounds like I will have to be careful with the hood area.