Customer Service 866.965.0400

So I am starting a big project this week - 2010 Toyota Camry

Greg from GA

Question

Edit - added day 1 Interiors video.
Edit 2 - added day 2 wash and clay video.

Edit 3 - added day 3 Compound and Polish and a little wet sanding

So I have a friend that used to drive a 2016 Toyota Corolla but that car is a cube now. She now has this 2010 Toyota Camry that is a family car in which the last driver smoked. I have the car all week and my goal is to spend all evenings with it to see how close I can get it to a new driving experience. Can I get her to enjoy driving the Camry more than the Corolla? That's my goal.

​Evening 1 - interior steam on soft surfaces and Adams leather and interior cleaner on hard surfaces and vacuum then Adams leather conditioner
Evening 2 - Adams strip wash and clay and engine bay cleaning with Adams APC
Evening 3 - Compound and maybe a few spots of wet sanding
​Evening 4 - Adams paint correction, sealant and wax

Intro Video:

Evening 1 Interiors:

Evening 2 wash and clay

Evening 3 Compound and Polish and a little wet sand

Edited by Greg from GA

15 answers to this question

What a pile of **** car, in current state.  Can't wait to see how clean it becomes.  If my 18 year old daughter totaled her 1 year old Corolla, I'd be tempted to tell you to smoke in it more, not clean the smoke out of it.  [***^ole mode off]

Looking forward to this series.

You may want to use the Odor Neutralizer as well, I used on a friends car that she smokes in and took out a lot of the dirty ashtray smell.

Luckily I got some of that on an Adams mystery box.  It definitely is going to be put the test tonight.  After gallons of steam cleaning and vacuuming.

Hi Greg,

When I encounter smokers cars that want to get rid off the smoke smell, I use distilled white distilled vinegar and Wipe down all the vinyl in the inside of the car. I helps take away the smell and not mask it. Have fun with your adventure.

Hi Greg,

When I encounter smokers cars that want to get rid off the smoke smell, I use distilled white distilled vinegar and Wipe down all the vinyl in the inside of the car. I helps take away the smell and not mask it. Have fun with your adventure.

This one is all cloth - do you mean the hard surfaces like the rear deck, dash, door panels, etc?  I think I could sublet the size of that rear deck.

Yes, wipe down all the plastics in the car, rear deck, dash board, and door panels. After it airs out I give it a good wipe down with interior detailer.

This one is all cloth - do you mean the hard surfaces like the rear deck, dash, door panels, etc?  I think I could sublet the size of that rear deck.

As mentioned steam clean as much as you can. Change the cabin air filter. Clean all the plastic interior parts with Adams Interior Detailer or Adams Leather and Interior Cleaner. Followed by Adams Leather Conditioner.  An ozone machine may help you with the smoke smell as well. Clay, compound, and polish would revive the paint. I would like to see the end result! What was the music in the background?

Toyota also has an AC cleaning system that works great. Used it on my Tundra. It gets foam cleaner up into the heat exchanger.

I think that is going to depart my "i'll work as hard as I can mostly with the products I have on hand / it's a favor for a friend" strategy but thanks and good to know.